pellet feed too high during startup on Ravelli RV80

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bdewolf

Nov 8, 2022
i did a self install on my Ravelli RV80 a month ago. i performed the RDS procedure, but may have had the final combustion level a bit too low. i adjusted the % pellets to -4 and the % flow to +1 and it seems to be adjusted properly (sure wish i could find an English version of the RDS calibration procedure online).

so far everything seems to be working OK, but during startup, the firebox is overflowing with pellets waiting for the flame to ignite.
once running, pellet delivery seems fine.

is there a way to adjust pellet delivery during the waiting for flame stage?

thank you

RDS setup
If i remember correctly you can adjust the feed rate during start up through the installer menu

Last edited:
On the older stoves, it is Parameter #32, "Max Load Screw"
This is the max time the auger (screw) is allowed to run during a start-up sequence. Shortening this will reduce the total amount of pellets loaded into the burnpot during startup. I reduced mine too, for the same reason.

• SELECTION OF RECIPE ACCORDING TO TYPE OF INSTALLATION (protected by password B9)
• ZERO SET HOURS MENU (protected by a password 35)
• DEFAULT SETTING MENU (protected by a password A9

To change the value of the stove parameters set by Ecoteck, enter the Default settings Menu and with key P5 set value A9
as the access key, and confirm with p6. To scroll the list use keys P6 and P7, to change the parameter value use keys P4 and P5.
to exit the factory calibrations menu press key P3.

• SELECTION OF RECIPE ACCORDING TO TYPE OF INSTALLATION (protected by password B9)
• ZERO SET HOURS MENU (protected by a password 35)
• DEFAULT SETTING MENU (protected by a password A9

To change the value of the stove parameters set by Ecoteck, enter the Default settings Menu and with key P5 set value A9
as the access key, and confirm with p6. To scroll the list use keys P6 and P7, to change the parameter value use keys P4 and P5.
to exit the factory calibrations menu press key P3.
Thank you. Once again, very helpful. My R80 is an older version, with fewer buttons to select from & different descriptors but the access code worked.