Pellet grindings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RMark

Mar 2, 2013
Maine
I have an Enviro 2 pellet stove that has been blowing fine unburned dust on to the floor. I opened the cabinet and found what I describe as pellet grindings. Pellets that have been crushed into fine powder just below the auger motor. Is there a gasket in that location? Is the auger or bushings bad? The auger is quiet and has never jammed.

Any help is welcome.

Thnkds RMark

They are referred to as “fines” not “grindings”.

They are referred to as “fines” not “grindings”.

I always thought "fines" referred to the dust left in the bag but the OP is referring to pellets that have been "ground" up by the auger, hence grindings.

I always thought "fines" referred to the dust left in the bag but the OP is referring to pellets that have been "ground" up by the auger, hence grindings.
The dust in any form are known as fines. Hence the “fines” box on a Harman that is below the auger.