pellet insert vs...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

msjks

Jan 5, 2016
Massachusetts
Hi All, We installed a Harmon XXV 2 yrs ago -this is our 2nd winter - and we just love it. Now we are thinking of getting rid of our "ancient" winterwarm insert that is about 33 yrs old... poor baby is still going strong, but we are really sick of lugging the wood.

However we are toying with another Harmon or Quadrafire - what do you all think would be the better for an insert? thanks!!! J

Either will work fine, probably what you will get for responses will reflect brand loyalty more than a true winner LOL !

Reactions: mralias
Just a suggestion....but also look into the Enviro M55 Insert. It has been a workhorse.

Any mentioned above but you already know what your existing stove does. You money......Your choice. The three brands mention thus far were the contenders when I bought mine. Back then I weighed in more on a good semi-local dealer which now for me holds little to no weight since I will work on my own and do the maintenance. Parts availability is still a consideration so keep that in mind.

May depend upon the size of your opening as to which will fit for you.