Pellet not dropping down....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rebsamusa

Jul 5, 2008
Attleboro, MA
Help?!?! I have a Austroflamm Integra Insert and it has been working great until this morning when it stopped feeding the pellets. We have pulled the entire unit apart and cleaned it out and even used a dryer brush to get anything in the pellet shute but still nothing... There are no codes telling us there is a problem and other than the pellets not coming down everything else is working fine Now what do we do?? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as we put the oil heat on for the night :ahhh:

Thanks

It sounds like you checked to make sure there was nothing blocking the chute. Does that mean the auger isn't physically turning?

That's what we are now thinking but we can't watch it with the cover closed.....ugh!

Have you looked up the chute with a mirror to see if there are pellets or other 'goodies' blocking the chute?

One thing you could try is some White Out (for hiding misspelled words on paper) on the end of a stick or pipe cleaner. Mark the auger, shut the door, and then open it again and see if the white mark moved. If your stove is like mine, the auger will only run for a set period of time on start up so you may have to push a reset if you have one or a prime button.

Thanks for the suggestion- we tried and nothing is blocking nor coming down the chute. I guess we need a new motor...................

I'd wait for someone with knowledge of your Austroflamm to check in before springing for a new motor. I'm sure there are other things in the circuit to check first.

Status
Not open for further replies.