Pellet power or energex in bucks county PA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm able to get the pellet power or energex pellets. I've never used either in my lopi Leyden stove. Anyone have any info on these pellets? They cost almost the same. Any info would be great..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if you mean the energex blue/green bag with a flag, they are the ones made in upstate Pa.
they are the same as Home depot stove chows..
very good heat but lot's of ash....... anything over 250.00 ton is more than they are worth in my opinion.

if you mean the energex blue/green bag with a flag, they are the ones made in upstate Pa.
they are the same as Home depot stove chows..
very good heat but lot's of ash....... anything over 250.00 ton is more than they are worth in my opinion.

They are from a local shop... Here's a pic
IMG_3866.JPG

They are from a local shop... Here's a pic View attachment 183712

yep.. that's them...
lot of places here have them around 259.00 ton...that's about the standard price..as I said, lots ash but good heat.

Ok thanks you ever try the power pellets?

Power pellets are $270 and energex $245

no... never bought or burned them.
245.00 for Energex is a good/fair price.
"the Pellet guy" in Quakertown has them for same price.
btw: where in bucks?
I usually get most of my stash from Buckspellets.
seems to be the only dealer around that carries Good Softwoods..
or any for that matter...

Last edited:
Levittown area. Lowes on RT 1 has the power pellets, Sams club same street usually has Pennington pellets (haven't checked), and a small store E&E chimney sweep in fairless hills has the energex.

Levittown area. Lowes on RT 1 has the power pellets, Sams club same street usually has Pennington pellets (haven't checked), and a small store E&E chimney sweep in fairless hills has the energex.

I;m in Old Tullytown
E&E is my stove dealer.... last I was there they we're trying to get Turmans in again.
Wally World in Levittown carries the Penningtons.. not a big fan of Major ash pellets like those.
btw:
another stove dealer on Lincoln highway has O'Malley's.. they have been sitting outside under tarps since last season..I pass there every day.
..not only overpriced but the longest pellets in the universe!!! even with my Harman it was snap/crunch/ bang... was glad to get rid of them. Left hardest speedbumps in the burnpot I ever had.

Last edited:
Yea I dealt with the guy on rt1 a few times... Never used the turmans did you like them?

yes.. excellent pellet few years ago..
haven;t burned any in a while though..
I've more or less been leaning towards mostly softwoods..
like dealing with lot less ash when I can...
that's why I buy from Buckspellets.com...only one around with good variety of Softwoods.
once in a while the big box stores will get a tractor trailer load of a softwood but usually it's a 1 shot delivery.

Reactions: Bucks Pellets
Ok thanks for he info. I been buying from the big box stores and also am tired of the ash , clinkers, log size pellets. So maybe I'll keep my out for softwood. Will the bag say softwood or do just say the wood species?

Ok thanks for he info. I been buying from the big box stores and also am tired of the ash , clinkers, log size pellets. So maybe I'll keep my out for softwood. Will the bag say softwood or do just say the wood species?

Yes...
many say 100% softwoods on the Bags.
others will specify Douglas Fir, Sprucewoods, White pine, 100% pure Pine etc.
Hardwoods will always say "Hardwoods" on the bags.
If they don't say either I would run very quick away from them.!!!
btw: Energex sells a Hardwood/Softwood blend but I never burned any.

Reactions: Bucks Pellets
Yes...
many say 100% softwoods on the Bags.
others will specify Douglas Fir, Sprucewoods, White pine, 100% pure Pine etc.
Hardwoods will always say "Hardwoods" on the bags.
If they don't say either I would run very quick away from them.!!!
btw: Energex sells a Hardwood/Softwood blend but I never burned any.

Great thanks for all the info.. I'll keep my eye out and see if E&E get the other pellets in...

Reactions: Tonyray
Status
Not open for further replies.