Pellet Stove Piping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dartfrogz

Nov 20, 2014
ct
So my old englander finally bit the big one. Bought a new one from HD.

Problem i ran into was i couldnt get the old stove from the tee. Soooo out came the hammer. I wasnt worried because i have a brand new tee i never used. So i beat the crap out of it LOL .

Well the old pipe (selkirk) wont work with the new tee. The new tee is made by BDM biovent.

The new an old pipes are double wall and 3".

I need either 1" of BDM double wall to make a complete new chimney. And its black so its purdy lol I dont even know where my father got this kit??

Or a selkirk tee with a clean out.

Problem is.. i cant find either one locally.

So my big question...

*****Will a duravent piece fit with either selkirk or BDM?*****

Would like to avoid ordering online cuz well it's chilly lol was hoping to hook up the new stove and silicone it tonight. But while doing so... thats when i noticed my problem

PS checked CL already and its a no go

Ty

Last edited: