Pellets Missing Burn Pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tee R

Dec 2, 2018
New Hampshire
I have a Hudson River Chatham Pellet stove. Has been working fine for years - recently replaced the burn pot and firebrick and worked well for the past 2 months. However, over the past 2 weeks, about 1/8 of the pellets coming down the shoot have started to flip past the burn pot and into the bottom of the stove. Any thoughts on why? Firebrick is flush with the pellet shoot and the new burn pot is exactly same as the old one...

Thanks!

I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but it might be worthwhile to make sure the pot and liner are properly seated. The pot just fits over the tips of the ignitor and the fresh air inlet. The two proejcting flanges on the side toward you should be up against the front wall of the burn chamber. And make sure the higher side of the liner is on the outside, not on the side closest to the firebrick. When I get my Chatham's burn pot properly seated, the pellets stay inside the pot. :)

Ha! Yeah, everything is seated properly. Thanks though.

Seems like some pellets might be hitting the firebrick and flipping past the pot as the new firebrick looks to have warped a bit. Gonna try to pound it flat