Pelletvent Pro venting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Grader07

Jan 14, 2017
Maryland
Where an adjustable piece of pipe is referred to as an 18 or 36 inch adjustable does that mean it is 18 inch and adjusts to up to 36 inch? Also can an adjustable length piece be used in a horizontal position or just a vertical position??

The 18 or the 36 is the MAXIMUM length it can be extended to reach.
Slip connectors may be used in either a vertical or horizontal configuration.

The 18 or the 36 is the MAXIMUM length it can be extended to reach.
Slip connectors may be used in either a vertical or horizontal configuration.
Thanks DASKY....Ok so a 36 inch is really an 18 inch to start that adjusts to any length from 18 to 36 inches? Just wanna make sure I order the right stuff. Gonna change from 3 inch to 4 inch for my basement pellet stove(Quadrafire Trekker). Reason i was asking about a horizontal is to replace the solid 36 inch that they installed with pellet stove installation last year and it protrudes way to far outside the wall and with the horizontal cap on the end it is very unsightly. I gave this new stove another year thru burn season and it still just doesnt seem to perform the way it should. Maybe im just to picky but as far as stoves have come along i just expected better outta this Quad. Still expels to much smoke inside during heating season so i wrapped every joint with high temp silicone tape... definetly helped but couldnt clean venting properly without undoing the all tape and now that is mowing season i have to look at the unsightly pipe thats sticking way to far outside the wall. I know code is i think 12 inch minimum outside wall but not 24-30 inches...

Wrong
a 36 inch is the MAX length when adjusted base length is approx 20 inches
a 18 in is the MAX length when adjusted base length is approx 10 inchs

You actually slide it inside of the pipe you’re connecting it to. Then stop at the length you need...if it’s the same I’ve used before