mikesnellenberger Posted By mikesnellenberger, Jan 5, 2018 at 10:02 AM

1. mikesnellenberger

mikesnellenberger
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 5, 2018
    Loc:
    OH
    I have a pelpro pp60 I bought at Menards last November. Keep having issues with the unit and can't find anyone that will work on them. I am located in NE Ohio.

I have broken 3 of the cotter pins that connect the motor to the auger. Not sure why they keep breaking. Last time it broke I even went and got a more heavy duty pin and it still broke.

Couple weeks ago it was getting in the single digits here so had it on full blast. It quit working and now won't go again. Thinking the motor is bad. Can anyone give tips on this or what I should do to prevent all the breakdowns. It's really only been used about 6 months so far.

Thanks for the help!

2. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Is there power in the stove? Did high limit snap disc pop?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikesnellenberger

mikesnellenberger
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 5, 2018
    Loc:
    OH
    It powers and tries to run. Just no pellets are fed. What's the high limit snap disc?

4. kperry

kperry
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 11, 2019
    Loc:
    NE, Ohio
    Hello! I bought my pellet stove at Menards in October and i’ve had the same issue. We’ve went through 5 pins so far and we can’t find the source of the problem. Just wanted to post a comment in hopes someone will reply and know how to help!

5. metermaid2

metermaid2
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2018
    Loc:
    LaPorte,IN
    my Ashley 5500m is going to graveyard.plan on getting a pelpro at menards also.sure don't want to work on it right away.same thing happened with mu Ashley stove to and no room to work on them.other than that are they a good stove?

6. metermaid2

metermaid2
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2018
    Loc:
    LaPorte,IN

7. metermaid2

metermaid2
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2018