Peltron pellet stove information needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lakeguy802

Nov 2, 2017
Idaho
Hi all, I have an old Peltron stove in a garage of a home I bought. I have not been able to get it to work. There was no information or manual included. When I plug it in, I hear a hum but nothing moves. There was no model number that I could find, but the stove is about 4 feet wide, 20 inches deep and less than 3 feet tall. The hopper is on the right side, burner in the middle and computer section on the left. Anyone out there have any ideas, wiring schematic, etc that would help me fix this thing up?
Thanks for reading! Randy

Nothing on Google... got photos. May have been one of the "fly by night" companies that used basic stove parts and stuck them in a stove they built.

1006171259.jpg
1006171210_resized.jpg
I finally figured out how to get photos in here. One shows the whole unit and the second shows the brand name that was attached to the stove.

Reactions: Ssyko
When I plug it in, I hear a hum but nothing moves.

A humming sound is likely better than smoke or blown fuses, but a blower motor could be stuck, so don't keep it switched on for more than a few seconds.
Can you locate where the humming comes from?

Anyone out there have any ideas, wiring schematic, etc that would help me fix this thing up?
Thanks for reading! Randy

They still make woodstoves at the New Buck Corporation. Maybe they have some archived documents on the Peltron pellet stove.

Contact link:
https://buckstove.com/contact-us

Last edited:
THAT'S HUGE!

Pellet feed is horizontal of some kind. Hard to see all details of the mechanism on the drawing.

Heat exchange is also very unusual in that the heated air is blown out at the bottom of the stove.
fra Popular Science marts 1987.jpg

Reactions: Ssyko
You can try contacting the company. But im thinking your going to have to do some diligent research and cross reference motors and fabricate your own replacement parts. Keep an eye out on craigslist and ebay. I have no idea what the beeping is, low fuel? flame failure?