PE's New Neo Models

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: raybonz
I saw the prototypes this spring and I'm impressed with where they are going with the modern style. Neatest one we saw that may not see the light of day was a 120" linear Town & Country wood fireplace with a output of over 100,000 btu, really wish I had gotten good photos of it.
I'm waiting for the larger Neo stove to come out so I can put it in my house. The 1.6 is basically a short super 27, the glass size is roughly the same just not as deep. The 2.5 glass is slightly bigger than a summit glass so it should be amazing for radiant heat and we should have access to them in the next month or so.
I'm not sure how well the insert will do, the modern style hasn't seem to translate well over to a fireplace insert in our area at least. We've also noticed a huge drop in insert sales over the last 3-4 years.

Are they using the baffle system for secondary air?

Looks like both have EBT.

Yes, both have EBT and are new designs. They have E/W loading fireboxes and close clearances so that their room intrusion is minimal.

neo16.jpg neo25.jpg

Reactions: raybonz
I wonder if the 2.5 will perform as well as the super series. The little extra firebox volume will probably be lost due to the E/W loading. The other box is very easy to stuff N/S, and the air control is great.

The 1.6 I can see as a novelty for the occasional burner.

Good to see some more modern, North American options.

I like the design. Not planning on getting a new stove anytime soon but it is nice to see more styles to choose from.

I usually load the T6 E/W when burning 24/7 for a longer burn. With a 25% larger firebox and the EBT I would expect the Neo 2.5 to do pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.