New wood stove install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

j7art2

Feeling the Heat
Oct 9, 2014
Northern, MI
Sorry, I realized I forgot to attach the actual document other than just the email. Looks like Lopi and Osburn are good for non cat!

Screenshot_20220518-100152_Word.jpg

Reactions: begreen and EbS-P

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
That's great news. It would be good for the EPA to update the database. Maybe it will by the end of the month.

Reactions: j7art2

j7art2

Feeling the Heat
Oct 9, 2014
Northern, MI
Just wanted to follow up with this and say that my wood stove will be installed Wednesday!

WOOOO!

I feel bad for the guys installing though. Gonna be a hot one. 100*F.
Pics to come.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Ugh, 100º up in MI, wow. Have some cold ice tea for them.

Good news on the stove. That was pretty quick.

BKVP

Minister of Fire
108F and 80% humidity in western Texas this week! I feel for anyone WORKING in an attic! Good luck with the install and happy burning!

j7art2

Feeling the Heat
Oct 9, 2014
Northern, MI
Ugh, 100º up in MI, wow. Have some cold ice tea for them.

Good news on the stove. That was pretty quick.

Luckily they had everything in stock!

It's definitely yuck. Ironically, last week the mornings were 48*, and leaving the windows open at night made me think "I need this thing so I can take the morning chill out of the air." Hah.

j7art2

Feeling the Heat
Oct 9, 2014
Northern, MI
I see why these guys are the top rated in the area according to Google reviews. Extremely professional, extremely clean install, and quite quick. Approximately 2.5 hours for entire install. I chose not to butt the hearth pad to the wall on purpose -- I'd have to relocate a floor vent otherwise.

I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to use it!

C.jpg S.jpg

Reactions: EbS-P

BKVP

Minister of Fire
I see why these guys are the top rated in the area according to Google reviews. Extremely professional, extremely clean install, and quite quick. Approximately 2.5 hours for entire install. I chose not to butt the hearth pad to the wall on purpose -- I'd have to relocate a floor vent otherwise.

I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to use it!

View attachment 296271 View attachment 296272
Looks great and the added hearth protection out in front is always welcome.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Well done. That will make a nice difference next winter.