Pexsupply.com - Out of business??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to them yesterday. They told me that the pex that was shipped last friday wouldnt be shipped till next tues, or wed. I cancelled and bought locally.

heaterman said:
Think locally, buy locally. The money you spend will stay in your community and very very soon that is going to mean a lot.

This guy says it best nate

I placed an order with Pexsupply about two months ago. A week after placing the order, I contacted them to ask when the item had been sent, because I'd had no contact from them. I'd assumed it was already on it's way to me, because they charged my credit card immediately upon placement of the order. They replied to me and stated the product (1 1/4 inch pex) was backordered and wouldn't be available for approximately two weeks.

Their web site didn't identify the item as back ordered.
I wasn't advised of it after adding it to my shopping cart.
I wasn't sent a follow up e-mail, or called, to advise me of the delay.

Totally unacceptable. I called and e-mailed them to cancel the order, and advised them I'd have my credit card company cancel the order if they didn't reverse the charges immediately. They did, to their credit, cancel the order and reverse the charges within a few hours of opening the next business day. I'd say that was the only thing they did right. Granted, this was just my experience, and I know others have had good things to say about Pexsupply, but I'll never use them again.

I ended up getting much better service from a semi-local plumbing supply house. They didn't have the product I wanted, but could get it within 48 hours. I just had to have my plumber (doing part of my install, but not all of it, including not getting or burying the PEX) contact the supply house and approve the purchase under their plumbing license.

fabguy01 said:
heaterman said:
Think locally, buy locally. The money you spend will stay in your community and very very soon that is going to mean a lot.

This guy says it best nate

Yep, I try to when it's reasonable. For example last winter I got Taco 007's from Grainger for $57, the local supply house was $105, so I don't get them there.

But a lot of times you can get things locally within reason.

Also, charging your credit card for items that not in stock in a mail order business is illegal. They can't charge your card unless the item is in stock. A buddy of mine just started a mail order business and had to go through a day of training with Visa before he could use take visa cards.

Buying local is great but when a 1" swing check valve is $51 I believe the brand was Powell(USA) and pexsupply wanted around $8 (probably China) how can I being a DIYer not buy online.

I think I will remind Pexsupply about that little tidbit of illegality of charging cards for items not shipped........ when I call them tomorrow morning on the rest of my order that has not shipped that they admitted to me friday was in stock again..........

Man ohh man, how do you keep getting a hold of these guys?? I guess I'll try again this AM first thing. If you wouldn't mind please post if you talk to them. Thanks!

Yah, I try to call as close to 9 am EST as possible... I think I'll try even earlier this morning.... :)

Just called a few minutes ago and reached a lady.... She said she's gonna check on my order and call me back.... We'll see. :)

On my third call today I did manage to get a real person. She had to "talk to her shipping supervisor" and she promised she will call me back this morning. I'll be pretty surpised if she calls back. Coming up on two weeks of payment with no product....

i placed an order on the 2nd of october, called this morning 10-13 and the girl said everything was in stock but did not know why it had not been shipped. she was going to contact the warehouse manager to see what was going on. i too sent several emails with no responces. its my first and last dealing with this outfit. i will keep you guys updated.

Well my order came this AM, should say *part* of my order came, and not the important part. Of course my CC was charged for the full amount, never told things were out of stock, and repeated emails have been ignored.

Probably just call my CC and have all the charges reversed...not really interested in wasting more time tracking down my stuff.

pexsupply.com...if you are still monitoring this thread you would be wise to chime in explain why the company continues to take interest free loans on customers credit cards and then refuse to update them with the whereabouts of there orders...

Well I called back (no return call this morning) and spoke with a different person again. She told me my gear would be shipping today. This was after I told her I really wanted to cancel my order if the equipment wasn't going to ship today or tomorrow.

I still have my doubts on this one. After my experience so far I'm not sure my odds are very good of actually receiving tracking numbers today and receiving my orders complete....

All,

PexSupply.com was designed with our customers in mind, and we pride ourselves on our ability to meet and exceed your expectations. We have not taken your feedback lightly and are working hard to implement the necessary changes to fix the issues you have noted. If you have any other suggestions on how we can make our website and our service better, we would love to hear them.

As to the current issues, PexSupply.com is currently undergoing a number of upgrades that will include more phone lines (to allow more of your calls to get answered without going to voicemail), more packing staff (to get your orders out the door quicker) and increased order communication (so that you’ll know if any items are back ordered and when to expect your order). These upgrades take time, but please be assured that we are working hard to get your orders out the door as fast as possible. With regards to our charging policy, we currently use a system in which we charge credit cards immediately so that no credit card information is kept on file. This policy increases the security for all of our customers and will be posted on our site soon.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused, but appreciate your patience and your input on how our site can better serve you.

Thank you,
Josh M.
President
PexSupply.com

pexsupply.com said:
All,

PexSupply.com was designed with our customers in mind, and we pride ourselves on our ability to meet and exceed your expectations. We have not taken your feedback lightly and are working hard to implement the necessary changes to fix the issues you have noted. If you have any other suggestions on how we can make our website and our service better, we would love to hear them.

As to the current issues, PexSupply.com is currently undergoing a number of upgrades that will include more phone lines (to allow more of your calls to get answered without going to voicemail), more packing staff (to get your orders out the door quicker) and increased order communication (so that you’ll know if any items are back ordered and when to expect your order). These upgrades take time, but please be assured that we are working hard to get your orders out the door as fast as possible. With regards to our charging policy, we currently use a system in which we charge credit cards immediately so that no credit card information is kept on file. This policy increases the security for all of our customers and will be posted on our site soon.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused, but appreciate your patience and your input on how our site can better serve you.

Thank you,
Josh M.
President
PexSupply.com

Josh, I recently ordered 350 dollars worth of stuff and I was happy with the products, shipping was a little slow but I appreciate the explanation it all makes since now. Good luck with the upgrades.

Bob

Yes, I talked to a lady at Pexsupply yesterday. They shipped everything except for the wye strainer that was backordered and I received tracking #'s...

some more feedback on my pex supply order. i finally got emails from two differant people, bothstated that the air seperator was back ordered. one said the order would be shipped on wendsday the other said end of the week. anyway, i really dont understand why the items that were in stock were not shipped so i could at least do something while waiting for the air seperator. anyway good luck with your upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.