PF100 auger motor not running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DJ Matt

Jan 25, 2016
Brentwood, NH
I have a 2009 PF100. The auger motor started failing in the past week or two. I replaced the vacuum switch. Tried a new motor. Tested the motor and it runs on it’s own. I replaced the mother board which failed on a two blink status. I have been running the furnace a few hours a day by running the auger with power independent from the furnace. (A 3 pronged plug)
The rope gasket is not in great shape so I have a new one arriving tomorrow.
The hopper gasket looks great.
I have jumped the vacuum switch with no results.
The light for the auger motor is running normal but not getting power through.
Any thing I might have missed?
Furnace is clean and the chimney is clean.
Could it just be the door gasket?
And do I need to remove the door to replace the gasket?
Thank you

Mt Bob

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2013
park county montana
2 blink on the newer boards means an air flow problem. There supposedly was no 2 blink on older boards,BUT has been reported that older stoves that had the micro switch on the auger would flash a 2 blink, when that switch would screw up.

Reactions: Former Farmer