PH35PS stove Auger motor not turning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cmarin

Sep 30, 2018
CT
I have had this stove now for about 3 seasons. My auger motor does not turn. I bypassed the vacumn switch and put my voltmeter on the motor connector to check for voltage. When I bypassed the vac switch I got about 110vac going to the motor. However the motor does not hum, does not move and dont feel any kind of torque. By all intensive purposes it seems like the motor is bad. I noticed that the motor connector does have a little square piece of electronics hanging off of it. This could be a relay or a cap. Just want to make sure the motor is bad before I order one. Has anyone seen this. This stove was purchased at home depot and this is my fourth year owning it. Thanks in advance for any help.