Phoenix experts - center baffle essential? Anyone had this problem?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

creeker

Hearth Supporter
Oct 14, 2008
finger lakes region, Ny
Came home today and found in my Phoenix the center baffle (approx. 2" x 8" metal plate) had broken off which had rested against the top edge of the forward secondary burn pipe. It looks to me to be a measure of preventing/dispersing the core flames from overfiring the top center stone as the heat rises and funnels toward the flue. If I don't get things too hot, can I still burn, or should I wait and get the thing soldered on before another fire? One end had been loose for a bit, so this wasn't any kind of sudden structural breakdown. Any issues to consider? I probably won't be doing soldering myself. What am I looking (cost) at for someone to do this? Or do I have to replace the entire Primary Air Manifold AND the baffle that was attached to it? I'm trying to find a Parts Drawing for this stove online, but have had no luck yet. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.