Photos of The Woodshed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sully1515

Jun 5, 2017
New Hampshire
Not sure if you'd be interested, but, this spring and summer I've been scrounging around cutting up free-standing dead firewood. I have roughly 5-1/2 cords. The majority of this firewood is still seasoning and will be used for next winter (2018/19). The species of wood consists of: Beech, Sugar Maple, Poplar, Red Oak, Black Birch and Hickory.

Prior to my wife and I moving into our home, the previous owners used this (now woodshed) as a large goat house. After cleaning it out, leveling the ground and adding extra support, I was finally able to add pallets and start stacking.

Unfortunately, the birds now claim it as their home. Next spring, I will need to make a few minor repairs including re-staining. For now, it will do. Next year, I have room for an extra cord or two and will take full advantage of it for seasoning.

Attachments

• woodshed1.jpg
    woodshed1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 637
  • woodshed2.jpg
    woodshed2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 668
  • woodshed3.jpg
    woodshed3.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 700
  • woodshed4.jpg
    woodshed4.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 567
Not sure if you'd be interested, but, this spring and summer I've been scrounging around cutting up free-standing dead firewood. I have roughly 5-1/2 cords. The majority of this firewood is still seasoning and will be used for next winter (2018/19). The species of wood consists of: Beech, Sugar Maple, Poplar, Red Oak, Black Birch and Hickory.

Prior to my wife and I moving into our home, the previous owners used this (now woodshed) as a large goat house. After cleaning it out, leveling the ground and adding extra support, I was finally able to add pallets and start stacking.

Unfortunately, the birds now claim it as their home. Next spring, I will need to make a few minor repairs including re-staining. For now, it will do. Next year, I have room for an extra cord or two and will take full advantage of it for seasoning.
Very Nice! Would make a great tractor / equipment shed.

KB

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sully1515
Good job. Can stack a lot more in there so get to work.;) By the way what happened to the goats? Dinner?

Got a good laugh from this one. The previous owners took the goats to their new farm. Regarding more, that's the goal. When time allows! By spring, I think the shed will be completely full. There should be roughly seven to eight cords in there...give or take! :)

Good job. Can stack a lot more in there so get to work.;) By the way what happened to the goats? Dinner?

Very Nice. I wish I had 3 of these things.... goats, tractors, and a wood shed.