PI40 Winslow dead after replacing blower motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brian Bo

May 25, 2013
Massachusetts
I replaced my blower motor and now the whole thing is dead. No lights, nothing. I hit a reset button near the convection motor. I had to connect the blower motor wires to the 10 pin connector that goes to the control box and the other wire to buss terminal. Everything appears correct.
The 2 main fuses are good.
It was very tight with a lot of wires and putting in buss terminal was not easy.
Any suggestions would be appreciated as I cannot see the control board going as it is 5 years old as I am on my 2nd one.
Everything was fine until I put the new motor in except the blower was screeching very loud

Did the circuit breaker pop?

Check all your connections.Sometimes the terminals in the connector to the control board can be pushed/pulled out,as it is just an old style molex connector.

Found the issue hopefully no the only one. The power cord coming into the back of stove is spliced. White (common) goes to buss terminal, black looks like goes to control board and ground. The white wire is split in 2 different places going to buss. I will jump the wires back together.

I got it to turn on. Now I have 2 short blinking red lights which says it is the proof of fire switch.
I took it out and cleaned it with cloth but I still get the red lights and it does not turn on.
Any ideas

It should ignite and run for about 15 minutes before shutting down,and blinking code.Might want to try unplugging stove for 10 minutes,try again.Also,double check the wire terminals inside the connector to the control panel.

I appreciate your help Bob.

I pushed all the wires into the connector and all seem to be tight as they do not come out.
I ran continuity check from POF to connector and it beeped
I turned on and waited 1 minute with Ready light on. As soon as I hit ignite button, the 2 red lights appeared.

When u say check wires to connector, do you mean to make sure that they do not come out?

I appreciate your help Bob.

I pushed all the wires into the connector and all seem to be tight as they do not come out.
I ran continuity check from POF to connector and it beeped
I turned on and waited 1 minute with Ready light on. As soon as I hit ignite button, the 2 red lights appeared.

When u say check wires to connector, do you mean to make sure that they do not come out?
yes

I got it working. This morning, I checked continuity of POF to Vacuum Switch and vacuum to connector and all were good.
Yesterday, I hit reset button on combustion snap switch 10 times and pulled out and cleaned it.
I also cleaned the POF switch.
Nothing worked.

This morning, I pulled out the connections to the combustion snap switch and reseated both of them and the stove fired up.

Thanks for your help Bob.
The stove is heavy and to move it requires lifting and moving part of it on a 2x4 and 4X4 which is height of the bricks to fireplace.
I have had plumbing and computer issues in the past where reseating things make them work.
The stove is 12 years old and things happen like the white power line broke into 3 pieces when I was installing the blower motor.

Reactions: Mt Bob