Piazetta sabrina changing cleaning grate time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thank you for these options, I typically use Frost & Flame, but they rarely call back and it's a challenge to get an apt. I called Maine Stove & Chimney and have an apt. for a look and possibly to install a new fan. Reason is it makes a fair amount of noise and I'm concerned it will just die in the dead of winter, so want to beat it to the punch. I'm ordering the igniter and the hopper switch and will install, seems pretty straightforward? Feel free to share any other tips you have for either and thank so much!
Any luck on the new switch? It probably is in by now from the last time we chat. Wanted to see if it fixed the issue permenantly without the tape 🤣

Thank you for these options, I typically use Frost & Flame, but they rarely call back and it's a challenge to get an apt. I called Maine Stove & Chimney and have an apt. for a look and possibly to install a new fan. Reason is it makes a fair amount of noise and I'm concerned it will just die in the dead of winter, so want to beat it to the punch. I'm ordering the igniter and the hopper switch and will install, seems pretty straightforward? Feel free to share any other tips you have for either and thank so much!

This might sound stupid, but it sounds like opening the cover is triggering a shut down. Usually when it cant detect the temperature increases, it says no light. Its possible it could be the smoke sensor. It detects the heat. Maybe when you open it, its rechecking the systems. But then the stove wouldn't light when you start it again.... You could try this. Tape the switch down with electric tape. Run it a few weeks. If it doesn't do it, it may have a short in the switch. I would replace that first. East coast hearth.com

But if it does do it, it could still be the switch because even if its pressed down it could still not be touching down inside the black box part of the switch... But its more unlikely.

Part pzrp.RF02033660

62 dollars.

It has some black box inside the switch... Maybe its defective on yours. That should stop it. And i since it only happens sometimes, sounds like the.switch.... getting worn. It could be triggering the motherboard to shut down thinking its more than 30 seconds... When you open it, switch immediately goes into over 30 second mode, shuts down... Acts up. Possible the no.light is just an after effect message, not related.

replace the switch. Im sure its that. If your wrong it only cost you 62 bucks.

Unscrew the four grate screws. Carefully not to drop them inside. Pull the grade out. Reach in back un plug the switch take picture first so you know which wire goes where. Use a small wrench or hand to untighten the nut and slide the switch out. Replace with new one. Done.

View attachment 291853 View attachment 291854 View attachment 291855
OK, bought the part, installed using these super helpful instructions/images and this totally fixed it! Now I just need to look up how to replace and ignitor! Thank you again!

Ignitor is super simple. Its just removing the covers that's a pain. Open door. Unscrew the bottom two screws holding the bottom floor panel. Gently lift and slide out..it has grooves that a metal peice slide in and out so dont bend or force it.. you will do fine. Then unscrew the right side cover by removing the screws that are along the front /side hidden when the door is closed. Make sure the side covers slide on the back screws.. dont remove back side cover screws all the way cause hard to get back cause room. Unscrew the back screws half way . Pop the front side out, and slide the back side cover from the screws. Then you have access to ignitor. Just wrench and unscrew it, after removing the plug connections and remember which one goes where. Slide the old one out... Plug new one in to board.. then insert in hole and wrench tight. Dont go crazy just snug so no rattling. Same with covers, slide back on first... The push the front side against the metal and scew in from front by using your screw driver angled horizontal. It just sits on the stove in the front. Take picture of how the sides covers are attached before you remove if your worried. Its really easy.

Im so happy it was the switch. Sounds like it was short. I think it was due to the mechanical wear, slams,. Etc over your 8 years. Sending a false signal. Sometimes best thing to do is just to replace parts till you solve the problem if you get the run around.

By the way i purchased a replacement exaust fan, as a spare part and it's made in germany so the bearings should last forever. 10-15 years. But i only knew that by looking at the part stickers on the unit.