Piazzetta Monia opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It toke me more time to take the panel of then to replace the fan

Right, the panel is the hardest part! Do you know if Piazzetta publishes which Trial fans they use for their products? (http://www.trial.it/uk/catalogue/prodotti.asp?id_cat=8). The tech manual lists the part number, but I think this is a Piazzetta part number and not a Trial number. It would be nice to have the correct dimensions recorded, in case I need to replace a fan in the future.

Right, the panel is the hardest part! Do you know if Piazzetta publishes which Trial fans they use for their products? (http://www.trial.it/uk/catalogue/prodotti.asp?id_cat=8). The tech manual lists the part number, but I think this is a Piazzetta part number and not a Trial number. It would be nice to have the correct dimensions recorded, in case I need to replace a fan in the future.
That link helps..Thanks WKB. I'm going to contact Piazzetta tomorrow and ask. I'll let you know how I made out.

Thanks for the comment on Piazzetta. I've tried calling Pacific Energy but they haven't responded. Commonwealth Fireplace has been generally good. They dealt with a very bad experience with an MCZ/Wittus stove I originally purchased from them and I think they became exhausted and (to some degree) tired of hearing from me all the time, I hate to admit. But, in the end, they supported me after Wittus agreed to take the stove back and Commonwealth Fireplace was willing to take-on the Piazzetta stoves without having much prior knowledge of the product. Bruce, the owner, wants his customers happy but I don't think he believes pellet technology is quite where it should be. I think he may be right when you compare the technology of pellet boilers. Commonwealth Fireplace is located in Norwood, MA. The service tech, Darin, is excellent and very polite and I would recommend him for repair of any stove. Given all the trouble (and multiple service calls) with the Wittus, I simply made a video of the noise and offered to install the fan myself, which they sent me promptly and I installed it very easily.

Sorry to hear about the back plate. Seems like it would take a lot of heat to warp that thick, cast iron. I read from someone else they had a similar problem but it was replaced and now fits much better.

That was me who had the warped back plate. Last year when I finally had the dealer come look at it, he used a hammer to get it out. They replaced it of course free of charge and so far so good with the new one. I got my stove from New England Hearth & Home in Canton. They've been installing these stoves for a few years, but, I find they just know how to install and clean them. Anything I can troubleshoot myself, I do, I just leave hardware issues to the dealer as I'm still under warranty

If your back plate is warped an takes you half a day and 7 buckets of sweat to pry out. Try this tool. PE is sending me one.

IMG-20141111-WA0006.jpg

Reactions: Drew65
One time yes, on my own Sabrina, that was the fan that I’ve changed once but it was only noisy just like a buzzing frequency at a certain speed.
Bonjour Pascal

You mention replacing the fan on the Sabrina ,mine is getting noisy more noticeable at the lower settings the stove only has 1900 Hrs of total time . In your case did you notice if you had the problem with the motor or the bearings? After you replaced the fan the problem went away completely ?
http://www.micronovasrl.com/vecchiosito/italiano/applicazioni/pdf/ProgettoFuocoPellets.pdf on page 16 they mention an inductor choke for noise reduction are you aware or tried any noise reduction methods ?

Regards
Gus

Try this link
http://www.trial.it/prodotti/ventilatori-tangenziali/singoli/

On the first drop down menu Tensione (Voltage) choose 115v

Regards

Bonjour Pascal

You mention replacing the fan on the Sabrina ,mine is getting noisy more noticeable at the lower settings the stove only has 1900 Hrs of total time . In your case did you notice if you had the problem with the motor or the bearings? After you replaced the fan the problem went away completely ?
http://www.micronovasrl.com/vecchiosito/italiano/applicazioni/pdf/ProgettoFuocoPellets.pdf on page 16 they mention an inductor choke for noise reduction are you aware or tried any noise reduction methods ?

Regards
Gus

completelly, no more vibration noise. it seem to be from the motor ( electrical vibration ) no bearing on mine .

anyone have one of these stoves yet? my local dealer just started selling them and trained up last week.

really like the look of them , and it was real quite in the store.

i Was also looking at the Enviro mini , enviro m55 , and enviro Omega.

http://www.piazzetta.com/products/sc/monia/

monia.jpg
anyone have one of these stoves yet? my local dealer just started selling them and trained up last week.

really like the look of them , and it was real quite in the store.

i Was also looking at the Enviro mini , enviro m55 , and enviro Omega.

http://www.piazzetta.com/products/sc/monia/

monia.jpg
I have had a monia since Sept and it's been nothing but TROUBLE! The grate gets so clogged after 1 bag of pellets I nearly have to jack hammer all the crap out, it has smelled up my house several times (campfire smoke smell) its always beeping with alarms and doing weird things, it will just shut down (says no lighting) so we spent over $3k and we are freezing. The service is guy is nice and he tries to fix it I just don't think he has a clue how to.

I have had a monia since Sept and it's been nothing but TROUBLE! The grate gets so clogged after 1 bag of pellets I nearly have to jack hammer all the crap out, it has smelled up my house several times (campfire smoke smell) its always beeping with alarms and doing weird things, it will just shut down (says no lighting) so we spent over $3k and we are freezing. The service is guy is nice and he tries to fix it I just don't think he has a clue how to.

Sounds like the original set-up is off. Try a PM to Pascal who sells and services them in Quebec. Maybe your service guy can chat with him and figure out what is off. Spend some time searching the threads. Somewhere on here I think there is a service or Tech manual for the Piazzettas... Good Luck!

Where are you from? Maybe I can help you out ( no! I will help you out ). please before look at the prior post I have explained that before, and it is so easy to fix I’m sure that no one has been at your place to set the stove up whit a magnehelic for you tadaaaaa... how did I know that, hey ! There are too many ass hole selling stoves and they don’t give a chit for customer service that makes me mad, or they simply dont know there products. I just had a similar case; a customer came in are store, will I was talking about the Piazzetta the guy start saying that his stove was not running properly and he was not satisfied whit it so and bla bla bla just blasting my sale. I ask him what kind of service did he got from his dealer? Who installed and did someone set the stove up for is house, I clearly knew the answer, nada, folk all, I offered the customer to go an adjust an do the complete set up for him. Yes I did charge the guy for this, but usually it’s included in the price of the stove, we just don’t charge for the first setup. Not to confound whit the installation which refer to the chimney installation, I’m talking about configuration of the stove and the exhaust fan. Believe me you will love your stove once all is set.

For all of you out there that have warp problem, I would realy like to know if you did run your stove like the manual says; at (( P3 for 5 hours strait )) an then (( P4 for 10 hours )) if not well... dont heaven ask why you are having this kind of problem usually your dealer should have told you this. at this moment I have over 50 stove sold from Piazzetta brand, Monia, Sabrina, P962, and P963 an none have been warp an beleive me, our customer are all, very, happy, and satisfied of there stove.

regards
Pascal
from
Rona Mont-Laurier Hardware store in Québec Can.
you can give me a call to
home 819-623-5336
work 819-623-1245
my pleasur

Last edited:
I’m very sorry for my little frustration on dealers but I find that today customers have a hard time to get a ‘’nice buying experience’’ just look at the last car or truck you purchase most of the time the customers know more on the product then the f… salesman. I have bought a nice fishing boat 16’ Princecraft just 2 years ago an just now a nice ATV Outlander 650 from Can-am once I sinned those papers, no more sound and image from the salesman they just vanish, ho! They might listen to you as long as it’s nothing to complicate. so my advice to you; please share that information to your friends cause for most of you on this forum it’s too late if you are looking to buy a new stove, don’t just look at prices an brands find a good dealer that have experience, that will listen to you, ask question, check if possible for reference. A Ferrari will be a chit box if you can’t get service from your dealer. Piazzetta are very good stove, but just like any other product needs to be explained, installed and setup properly, 80% of the customer don’t read there manual, dealers are aware of this issue and should advise there customers, yes that include to do a little more work hum… So I end on this, wishing you all happiness for 2015, Happy New Year.

P.S. And maybe some nice buying experience.

Regards

Pascal

Last edited:
That's a bad install. Did you dealer do the install, if so, he needs to fix it, and send you a new technician if this one is clueless.

Also, what pellets are you using, and what's your vent like, because it shouldn't smell, unless you're talking at startup, there's a whiff of smoke.

Piazzetta have that little thing called combustion fan adjustment, from 1500 to 3000 rpm, knowing that only 10 makes a difference you have plenty adjustments no matter what kind of house you live in. But it's only for your technicain to adjust. Nothing to do whit north American stove in USA, cause it’s a law in the states the EPA ask pellets stove owners to plug an OAK which is completely unnecessary whit the Piazzetta unless you live a bottle. and has long as your combustion fan is ajustable you can burn just any kind of pellet soft or hard wood, and if you do not beleive this just look at europeen forum they all go for soft wood I just dont know why. total oposit from north america. Piazzetta is not the only one that have that kind of adjustement Pallazetti, Ravelli and many more europeen stove they have no more wood the pellets they buy from us. thats why they have mutch better stove then we do.

Hi - I recently purchased a Piazzetta Monia - great heat - great looking machine and fan is very quiet.

I am looking for feedback from other owners - My problem i am having is the auger motor is very noisy. you can tell everytime it is running a cycle to drop in pellets - it is much noisier than the fan - is when running on p 1,2,3 - on p4 the fan is a slightly louder than the auger motor so no problem. but it is quiet annoying on 5 seconds off 5 seconds with loud noise - is this normal?

Thanks you any piazzetta monia owners for your feedback.

This is my first season with a Monia and I am experiencing the same with mine. So far we love this stove, great heat and large glass looks good.

Just wondering if anyone received paint with their stove as mentioned in the manual?

Hi - I recently purchased a Piazzetta Monia - great heat - great looking machine and fan is very quiet.

I am looking for feedback from other owners - My problem i am having is the auger motor is very noisy. you can tell everytime it is running a cycle to drop in pellets - it is much noisier than the fan - is when running on p 1,2,3 - on p4 the fan is a slightly louder than the auger motor so no problem. but it is quiet annoying on 5 seconds off 5 seconds with loud noise - is this normal?

I have a Sabrina, but they use the same mechanicals, I believe. I think it's really quite hard to say, as noise is a subjective thing, without actual measurement. As far as I can tell, people who've had Piazzettas praise it for being a quiet stove. As for the augur, I can hear it, and it has a rhythmical sound, so it's noticeable, because of the pattern, but I don't consider it loud. Perhaps, you should stop at your local dealer and compare it to one in the shop.

The other thing to consider is maybe upping the blower fan to drown out the augur noise? On my Sabrina, I've changed the blower fan so that the setting for P3 is the one I use for P1, and the one for P4 is the one I use for P2, etc. So, my blower fan noise is louder, perhaps that's why I don't notice the augur noise too much.

Use "E9" to get into your programmable settings and the Blower settings are Parameters 23 to 26 for P1 to P4. When you up them, the stove will change immediately so you can get a sense of the noise level.

Just wondering if anyone received paint with their stove as mentioned in the manual?
Nope. I keep thinking I'll stop into my dealer to ask, but keep forgetting!

Nope. I keep thinking I'll stop into my dealer to ask, but keep forgetting!

Well like Chken I have the Sabrina and I think they use the same auger motor , had noise as well and sounded like the motor was working very hard, made me think that the gears were ready to give up soon ,replaced the motor with a spare 1 RPM (instead of 1.2 RPM) things worked fine for a bit and then the same noise , motor working very hard . Removed the covers again and checked the motor ,under normal conditions you have about 2 cm of play you can move the motor back and forth between the two bars ,in my situation was very very hard to move the motor/auger combination but after a few tries things get loose again , noise goes away for awhile then back again. Emptied the pellet hopper (removed the safety grid) and found a lot of fines at the bottom (at the time I was burning La Crete pellets) vacuum everything up and tried again, this time I didn't put the left side cover on (all this was last year at the end of the season) so at the first sign of things getting noisy I would just wiggle the motor/auger a bit and free things up . This season I started with the original motor( 1.2 RPM) and burned 70 bags of very very bad pellets old with a lot of saw dust and fines and mixed with some La Crete pellet l (with this combination need to clean the burning pot every day and fumes temperatures are lower) . I checked the bottom of the hopper a few times and I have a lot of fines but no jambs ever . I still have about 20 bags of the very old stuff after that I will be back to the La Crete pellet and I will let you know the results ( My guess is the pellet maybe too much resin in the fines when pressed by the auger creating a bind and with the auger almost vertical more fines keep falling back)

Stayed tuned for next episode

Regards
Gus

Reactions: chken

I recently installed a Sabrina and notice that the auger motor was a little noisier than usual, I just act like everything was fine one out of fifty is not so bad and it’s not like that much of a difference but it is noticeable, if the customer complain about it, it will be change immediately.

I recently installed a Sabrina and notice that the auger motor was a little noisier than usual, I just act like everything was fine one out of fifty is not so bad and it’s not like that much of a difference but it is noticeable, if the customer complain about it, it will be change immediately.

Bonjour Pascal

In my case the original motor is fine , no noise using very old pellets with a lot of fines and sawdust but last season with premium pellet (La Crete) the auger was getting some binding and the motor noticeably noisier under more load .

Merci
Gaston

PS

Pascal by any chance do you have the schematic for the Micronova IO 23 control board ?