Piazzetta Monia opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
How are things progressing? Any good news?

NO unfortunately. I wrote a long, detailed letter to the email address on the website weeks ago. I hadn't heard anything, so I wrote a little note on their site and got an email, so I resent my previous letter to him and asked if he would please forward it to customer service.
Still no word. Disappointed is an understatement!

Incredible... I'm very sorry to hear there is still no resolution to your problem stove!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for a better outcome!

Does anyone have an email address to someone in customer service at Piazzetta? The main company, not NE Dist. I have waited weeks for a reply from them. I wrote a detailed letter, explaining everything, which was recommended by the guy who came out and worked on the stove. Nothing. I would like to know if they intent on giving him the okay and materials to fix the stove , replace it (which is what he recommends), or continue to jerk us around and do nothing. Winter is approaching and I would really like to use my very expensive pellet stove.
A name and number, email, anything would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have an email address to someone in customer service at Piazzetta? The main company, not NE Dist. I have waited weeks for a reply from them. I wrote a detailed letter, explaining everything, which was recommended by the guy who came out and worked on the stove. Nothing. I would like to know if they intent on giving him the okay and materials to fix the stove , replace it (which is what he recommends), or continue to jerk us around and do nothing. Winter is approaching and I would really like to use my very expensive pellet stove.
hello again i'll try to find out some one that can help you whit this
hi, it's been a will in summer time I'm more out fishing then computing anyway I taugh by now your problem would been fix I'm very sad to find out that you are still in that position. I'll transfer your case to my rep in Quebec it's Maison DF witch are very Professional people they can get in touch whit PE Pacific Energy I which you would live closer I would definitely fix this for you gee! it's hard for me to wright cause I'm French, but if you would have a magnehelic manometer then I would be able to help you more by the phone or even better on Facetime or something like this. i'll get you back on this whit in a week max.

sent at Pacific Energy and at Piazzetta;
(( Hi, I do own and sale Piazzetta product but since a will ived been on Hearth.com forum and there is a Monia customer that seems to be very unsatisfied whit is pellet stove I have tried to help him out whit many others it a shame that is dealer wont help I'm out and this ruins the effort we put in this product this customer live in New Hampshire I cant just go there I'm in Québec I which I could help this customer is there a way that you can help me help this guy send me a contact e-mail that can get in touch whit this customer )).
and will also contact my rep tomorrow.

(( Hi, I do own and sale Piazzetta product but since a will ived been on Hearth.com forum and there is a Monia customer that seems to be very unsatisfied whit is pellet stove I have tried to help him out whit many others it a shame that is dealer wont help I'm out and this ruins the effort we put in this product this customer live in New Hampshire I cant just go there I'm in Québec I which I could help this customer is there a way that you can help me help this guy send me a contact e-mail that can get in touch whit this customer )).
Thank you so much Pascal. I've said it before, I sure wish that I had bought the stove from a dealer like you! We did find a local dealer that seems pretty knowledgable on the Piazzettas. He came out twice. He thinks they should replace the stove, but at the very least, replace the baffle plate and motherboard. He recommended writing the long, detailed letter to Piazzetta and giving them one last chance to fix it. I wrote that weeks ago. I have not heard anything from Piazzetta.
Thanks again, and I don't blame you for fishing!

No help yet?

No help yet?
can you please e-mail me at (( pmaertens @ msn . com )) i do have 2 contact for you but for some reason I cant put this on the forum cause it's only in extrem exemption that they must be contact I realy had an hard time getting those cause Customer sould always pass by there dealers I wich I could sent you a private message but I dont know how.

waiting for your e-mail now.

Last edited:
can you please e-mail me at (( pmaertens @ msn . com )) i do have 2 contact for you but for some reason I cant put this on the forum cause it's only in extrem exemption that they must be contact I realy had an hard time getting those cause Customer sould always pass by there dealers I wich I could sent you a private message but I dont know how.

waiting for your e-mail now.
Done. I was gone all day. I look forward to your email tomorrow. Thanks again.

I must confess I have not read through this thread as my attention span is too short.
I do not understand what is going on here.
Is the company that sells these stoves still trading in the US? If so ring them up and go and see them.
Is the dealer who checked your stove able to obtain the pcb and baffle?
My advice would be to have him repair it, if he really knows what he is doing and will guarantee a fixed price. Yes it will cost you money but at least you will have an operating stove rather than an expensive ornament. Also you will have opened up a line of communication with a dealer who can help you next time. This is very important.

Hi, yes I think that Woodman's is still selling Piazzetta, but we have never been able to get them to keep an appointment. It takes weeks to get them to call back and make an appointment, then they cancelled on the appointment day and rescheduled for weeks later, only to cancel again, and again.
The dealer who came out was the one who suggested we give Piazzetta one last shot at making this right. So I wrote a long, detailed letter as he suggested. So far not one single response. I sent the letter to several email addresses.
Yes, we will have the other dealer come out and fix the stove. We were just hoping that Piazzetta would cover the parts and labor, since it is still under warranty.

Pretty poor performance all round.
Cant you just load up the stove and take it back to where you bought it for a refund or repair.
It would seem that the people you are dealing with are experts of fobbing people off so I don't hold out much hope for parts and labour.
Look after the dealer who is actually prepared to help you.

I have thought about physically taking it back, but I would probably be out of a stove. I would have to sue Woodman's to get them to reimburse me.
I guess I just need to get White Mt. to come out and replace or grind down the back plate and replace the motherboard. Then I guess I can pursue reimbursement from there.
This has been such a frustrating thing. One lesson I have learned through all this, is to do loads of research on a companies Customer Service record. I didn't check out Woodman's, only Piazzetta and only found good things.
There is a breakdown here that should be fixed, so that people like us who bought from a lousy dealer have some recourse.

Is this the company you mean;Woodman's Forge & Fireplace
THey dont look like a fly by night operator
on their website.
How far away are they?
Personally I would take it back, plonk it in their showroom and ask them what they are going to do for you. I am sure you have the receipt. THey have a definite responsibility to you
Surely they wont leave you empty handed, there must be a solution. I would not be worried about being out of a stove, a dead stove is just an expensive ornament.

Yes, that's the company. The problem is that when I bought my Piazzetta stove they had just started selling them. The guy said that he was getting ready to go for some extensive training on the stoves so that he would be able to service them, which we were concerned about. To date, he has never gone for the training! When we called to TRY and get him to service the stove, he kept asking if we "had the manual", "are you sure you have the manual", "I have to have the manual to work on it". It was clear he didn't know what he was doing. I believe that is why he kept canceling our appointments. Probably if I had purchased a stove he'd been selling for years, we might have had a very different experience.

They are coming to pick up the stove and give me a full refund! They are going to do testing on it to figure out what went wrong. The guy from Northeast Dist. was very nice and apologized profusely for this whole ordeal. Going pellet stove shopping this weekend. Suggestions?

Keep us posted as to what your considering to fill the hole and hopefully a better experience. Your not the only that got overdue help on a lingering stove issue. On a roll.

Great News... Very happy everything worked out! Sorry the process required so much time. Interested to hear about the new/replacement stove

Any issues with the Harman Accentra or their P43? We have a small corner for the stove (which is one reason we went with the Monia originally), but either one of these will fit too. Is the Accentra as efficient as they claim?

Any issues with the Harman Accentra or their P43? We have a small corner for the stove (which is one reason we went with the Monia originally), but either one of these will fit too. Is the Accentra as efficient as they claim?

Both are great stoves! I understand access to service areas (fan motors, auger, etc) is slightly more difficult on the Accentra. The "P" series offers decent service access (not as good as removable panels or swing doors). Both models would probably produce more heat output than your Monia. The feed rate on the P43 is 5.5lbs max. The Monia is 4.5lbs. Also, the "P" series offers an optional hopper extension, adds about 50+ lbs. Cast iron (Accentra) vs. steel ("P" series). Harman's heat adjustment controls are excellent, but do not allow easy incorporation of an outboard thermostat.

Harman makes a great product! They support their customers through good dealers! Case and point - my two year old P68 is being replaced (tomorrow) with a new unit (burn pot and paint defects)!

Reactions: NHMtns

NHMtns,
I am a fellow NH'erite. I have read through all these posts from the beginning, so I am going to let loose on what I believe.... Stay away from these Euroweenienanzypanzy stoves made in Italy or wherever. Don't be sucked in by fancy Euro styling or any of the garbage. Find a dealer you can trust close by, find out what manufacturers they rep, and go from there. Chances are they will rep Harman or Enviro or any good solid stove made here in the North Americas. I myself own an Enviro M55 steel, and it has been solid as a rock. If something goes wrong, I am sure that the place I bought it from in my hometown will be over to help fix it in a timely manner.
John

Reactions: hwdemers
NHMtns,
I am a fellow NH'erite. I have read through all these posts from the beginning, so I am going to let loose on what I believe.... Stay away from these Euroweenienanzypanzy stoves made in Italy or wherever. Don't be sucked in by fancy Euro styling or any of the garbage. Find a dealer you can trust close by, find out what manufacturers they rep, and go from there. Chances are they will rep Harman or Enviro or any good solid stove made here in the North Americas. I myself own an Enviro M55 steel, and it has been solid as a rock. If something goes wrong, I am sure that the place I bought it from in my hometown will be over to help fix it in a timely manner.
John

The issue was having a lousy dealer. A good dealer willing to service the product they sold would have made ALL the difference. We have a good dealer now, and will go with their recommendations.

Reactions: chickenman
Or where he is from, "Good Sheila."

NHMtns,
John

i'm verry sorry to ear that cause Piazzetta is not to blame, I do sale Piazzetta product but we also have a very good service yes they are Italian product and they need more ajustement but ones done they realy rock the heat