Piazzetta pellets stove A to Z recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
all the new stove should be able to have the ENERGY SAVING working with the new firmware but they also have a different motherboard, to be very honest I never hook external thermostat when its needed, I simply extend the probe wire but I have a demo running at my job so I'll trie to set one up, since its a new stove it should have the newer firmware, software and correct board I'll get back to you with an answer but please give me a few days.

OK Pascal, thanks for this. I'll look for your answer in a few days.

Hello, thanks for the very useful information, I was looking for the file for a Piazzetta p937 stove, is there any place where I could find them?

To all Piazzetta customers for me to help you better;

Prior to download any field, or information, on how to adjust your stove you should first informed your local dealer of any problem you are experiencing whit your stove. They are the one who have generally installed and adjust the unit so they should know what to do

Only then, if they can’t correct the situation, or you do not get satisfaction, I will be there to help you out, but prior to do so, I need few informations;

• First, is your stove is still under warranty?
  • What is the model of your stove?
  • What is your firmware version?
  • In witch country is the stove installed?

If you are experiencing; soot problem, lazy flame, accumulation of ash in the burn pot or just any other issue,
please also answer these following question;

Send me this info on my e-mail at [email protected] and I will be able to help you thank you

To all Piazzetta customers for me to help you better;

Prior to download any field, or information, on how to adjust your stove you should first informed your local dealer of any problem you are experiencing whit your stove. They are the one who have generally installed and adjust the unit so they should know what to do

Only then, if they can’t correct the situation, or you do not get satisfaction, I will be there to help you out, but prior to do so, I need few informations;

• First, is your stove is still under warranty?
  • What is the model of your stove?
  • What is your firmware version?
  • In witch country is the stove installed?

If you are experiencing; soot problem, lazy flame, accumulation of ash in the burn pot or just any other issue,
please also answer these following question;

Send me this info on my e-mail at [email protected] and I will be able to help you thank you

Hello Pascal

Is your email working? tried emailing you a number of times but never received a response

Regards
gusto

Hi there,

I assume that you are a new Piazzetta owner, at this moment if you are on this forum it usually because you need help with your new stove, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Pascal Maertens I’m from Mont-Laurier, Quebec in Canada I’m also a certified Piazzetta technician. I have been selling Piazzetta products for now five years and since then owned too stove, one was a Sabrina and recently bought a P962 only for the look of it, and believe me, at first I had my share of problem too but today Piazzetta stove have no secret for me.

Here are my recommendations if you own a Piazzetta;

• The less you have chimney the less it cost and the less you have problem

• First have it adjusted with the proper tools to the proper settings by a technician

• Always run your stove with the type of pellets you made your settings with soft of hard wood

• Have your stove and chimney totally cleaned every 2000 to 2400 pounds of pellets

• In winter run on power level P3 and more then adjust the temperature with thermostat

• Energy saver mode in fall and spring time only unless you have a very well insulated house

• OAK or no OAK I don’t care it’s your money but be aware in some states there’s laws on this but this stove is fully adjustable so it dosent really need it

• It is also possible to run a Piazzetta on solar panel and minimize the effect on batteries

Please, note that for all of these recommendations, I made a little explanation text below, that I hope, will help you out, but don’t forget I’m also there if you need further professional assistance or have any other issue that would not be covered by this document.

Now before you go out there looking for answers please read this A to Z help guide that I have built after many e-mail and post that I have exchange in the past years in Canada, Europe and in the states. I do not represent Piazzetta opinion; this document is made as an individual interest in the product, and in accordance with my ready to lend a hand, way of life. And like many other member on this forum, I do not get paid for this.

Cleaning the stove properly

First thing I would ask you to do, if you have burn at least 2000 pounds of pellets or if you have any black soot problem on your door window. If not got to ( 2.)

You should clean your stove, simply clean the complete air channel step by step, starting with the oak entrance, then the stove grate in and under it, the back of baffle and also disconnect the chimney and clean inside the exhaust careful there is an impeller in there, the chimney itself should also be cleaned. If the prior adjustments have been correctly done most of the time this simple cleaning should do the job and everything should be fine, if not let me know.

For your own information this cleaning operation is needed after a certain time. After 2000 to 2400 pounds if installed on 3’’ chimney if not it caused a lack of air and will result in a large lazy flame, an accumulation of black soot on the door window that can also end up on the outside walls like on this picture below View attachment 163494
  • Figure 1 Mont Vernon on this picture the chimney installation is a little too low, but it was only to show you the soot cause by a lack of air, this wall has been cleaned with a pressure washer and still shows trace of soot from a none adjustable stove.
Hi Pascal
Could you tell me what code A585 refers to? Thanks
Steve

It appears that all of our problems were related to the Cubex pellets. I Drove an hour to get 4 bags of Ambiance pellets and after a thorough cleaning we put the new pellets in and the stove is running like a dream! They said that while they hadn't had any complaints with the Cubex pellets they would be happy to switch our 2+ tons of Cubex for Ambiance. Now that's good customer service!
Steve

It appears that all of our problems were related to the Cubex pellets. I Drove an hour to get 4 bags of Ambiance pellets and after a thorough cleaning we put the new pellets in and the stove is running like a dream! They said that while they hadn't had any complaints with the Cubex pellets they would be happy to switch our 2+ tons of Cubex for Ambiance. Now that's good customer service!
Steve
if this can help you good, but I can assure you that a Piazzetta can be set to run properly with any brand and kind of pellets, it's one of the rare stove that are fully adjustable.

I've run into some real problems.

Piazzetta Sabrina doesn't light. I replaced the igniter but no go. The only thing left is to replace the electronic board (according to the instruction manual).

a) is there any other thing I should check before buying the board at almost $500
b) can't find a service manual anywhere online to help with the servicing. Anybody know where to find one?

Thanks.

BillX

I've run into some real problems.

Piazzetta Sabrina doesn't light. I replaced the igniter but no go. The only thing left is to replace the electronic board (according to the instruction manual).

a) is there any other thing I should check before buying the board at almost $500
b) can't find a service manual anywhere online to help with the servicing. Anybody know where to find one?

Thanks.

BillX
Hello Bill

Make sure all connections to the board are ok , if you have a board problem the original igniter will still work if you connect it to 110 Volts ,should glow red in no time . As for the board I am not sure if the igniter gets switched on and off via a Triac or a relay (there is a relay on the board) it would make sense to use the relay for the 300 Watt load of the igniter . The best way would be to trace back from the connector on the board and visually check .
Do you ear a click sound when you turn the stove on?

Regards

Hello Bill

Make sure all connections to the board are ok , if you have a board problem the original igniter will still work if you connect it to 110 Volts ,should glow red in no time . As for the board I am not sure if the igniter gets switched on and off via a Triac or a relay (there is a relay on the board) it would make sense to use the relay for the 300 Watt load of the igniter . The best way would be to trace back from the connector on the board and visually check .
Do you ear a click sound when you turn the stove on?

Regards

Thanks for replying gusto.

I will check the board, but with no manual I don't know where the board access is. Help here would be great.

The board activates everything: combustion fan, room fan, display, auger, but not the igniter (which I just replaced with a new one). So I think the board is OK although it could be a bad wire or connection or relay.

I'll give it a try.

Thanx

Hey folks these threads are supposed to be more of a reference page than a posting page. Thread will be locked down so it cannot be posted to. Start a new thread on the pellet mill board to discuss issues/problems/solutions. Thanks...

Thanks for replying gusto.

I will check the board, but with no manual I don't know where the board access is. Help here would be great.

The board activates everything: combustion fan, room fan, display, auger, but not the igniter (which I just replaced with a new one). So I think the board is OK although it could be a bad wire or connection or relay.

I'll give it a try.

Thanx
To get at the board you need to remove the right cover of the stove (looking from the front) Do actually hear a click sound when you turn the stove on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.