Picked up an "Ecofan" stove-top fan at a yard sale for $2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sksmass

Dec 21, 2009
Western MA
I've always wanted to try one of these but was unwilling to shell out $100 for one.
But I found one this morning at a tag sale for $2 bucks!
At that price I can't go wrong.
Does anyone have any experience with these?

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Reactions: bodhran
If you don't have a fan on/in your stove, or electricity, they work great. We used one up north at the cabin, it helps.

I have one of the three blade ones. It was given to me by family who gave up wood burning. Its ok I guess but I often stick my hand in front of it and think I can almost feel air moving..... Since its off the grid, free, very quiet and a neat little thing I dont mind it sitting on my stove.

Can't beat the price. Hope it works for you.

I like mine, I feel like it makes a noticeable difference. Just an fyi those motors do wear out, so if you're not impressed with the performance it may need replaced.

I find them great. Thinking about getting a 2nd one for my stove. In my experience, the electric fans are just too noisy.

Nice find, I always wanted one, I know its not very practicable but there still imo pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.