picking up a enviro Boston 1700 tomorrow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Just wanted to let you know that I run the Kodiak 1700, basically the same stove as your inside. It’s been going for five years in a 30+ foot chimney with a 6” liner. Never had any overfire issues. Just some additional info to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. Is your liner insulated? What brand did you use?

Thanks for the info. Is your liner insulated? What brand did you use?

The liner is not insulated and I honestly don’t know the brand. I didn’t really know much about the art and science of liners when it was installed. I’ve learned a lot on this forum since.

The first year I burned with this stove the house was a Cape style house. Maybe a 20’ chimney, possibly shorter. We then did an addition that added a full second story, essentially turning the house into a colonial. So the chimney was lengthened. When the new liner was put in there wasn’t very much left of the original 35’ roll in cake in.

We did notice quite an improvement in draft over the old chimney, but never an overfire or anything we couldn’t control.

The liner is not insulated and I honestly don’t know the brand. I didn’t really know much about the art and science of liners when it was installed. I’ve learned a lot on this forum since.

The first year I burned with this stove the house was a Cape style house. Maybe a 20’ chimney, possibly shorter. We then did an addition that added a full second story, essentially turning the house into a colonial. So the chimney was lengthened. When the new liner was put in there wasn’t very much left of the original 35’ roll in cake in.

We did notice quite an improvement in draft over the old chimney, but never an overfire or anything we couldn’t control.

Thanks for the info! I am researching liners and installation currently