Pics Of Rolled Rubber Roofing In Action, Please ..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Some of my tarps are done, and I got a gift of rolled rubber roofing, so I want to give it a shot.

Need some visuals, and any pointers, of course :)

Thanks in advance !!

If it is truly rubber roofing, just drape over top, same as you would with a tarp, weight down with a few splits over top.
If it is roll roofing, same procedure as above, but roll roofing is asphalt, and may become brittle with the colder temps, and will not hold up as well or as long as rubber roofing.

If it is truly rubber roofing, just drape over top, same as you would with a tarp, weight down with a few splits over top.
If it is roll roofing, same procedure as above, but roll roofing is asphalt, and may become brittle with the colder temps, and will not hold up as well or as long as rubber roofing.

Yup had a big roll of that asphalt stuff in my garage from previous homeowner. Straight to the dump with it

I'll get a pic ... this is pliable, rubbery stuff.

oak stacks.jpg

wood shed.jpg

Reactions: NordicSplitter
.I think I'm good. Got it on top of the main stacks, but I need help to roll it from both sides.

I tarped for now (we're getting a deluge tonight).

Will wait for reinforcements to get it done.

20141123_115409.jpg

You can cut it with a good pair of scissors. All you need for overhang on the sides is basically what BB posted.

Reactions: Dix
Thanks, Hogs.

If you really want to be precise, measure the width of rubber you need and strike a chalk line the length of the rubber(roll it out flat first obviously) Then just open the scissors up, and leave them open and glide along the chalked line, it will cut along the line as you glide through it with the scissors cutting it with the vee'd open scissors. No need to chop, chop, chop. Just like slicing wrapping paper with scissors. Nice score of rubber by the way, that will last forever.

Reactions: Dix
Status
Not open for further replies.