Picture of my 2nd & 3rd score.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbcijim

Hearth Supporter
Mar 10, 2008
Schuylkill County, Pa
So I've been fortunate to borrow a dumping stake body from my work. Makes hauling so easy!

I had two friends cut down trees, and by cut down, I mean cut them into rounds and not want them! So I got at least 3 cords from them, but I think it is closer to 4. There is about a 2/3 of a cord behind the back right tree you can't see.

1 cord is pine, but heck, it was free, and all I had to do was load it. I'll take it thanks.

Attachments

• score2.jpg
    score2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 667
Nice score! It always nice when people do the bucking even though they have no intentions of keeping the wood. Good friends!

The best wood is free wood , especially from friends . Buy some beer , share it with them and enjoy the heat

Good wood: Free wood.

Better wood: Free wood already bucked up.

Best wood: Free wood already bucked up by good friends.

Nice score. Now you can relax with some of Schuylkill Co's best home brew since 1829. I'm partial to the Lager.

The majority of it we had to use a Polaris Ranger to take up & down the hill as there was no way we were taking a truck down it was too steep. Those things are SWEET! I loved it.

The stuff on the right side of the pile looks like Spruce. I have a ton of that here on the property, and cut 'em down for "shoulder season".
Nice score. Give it time to dry, and use it.

Got it all stacked. It's 4 cords! That is a solid year of burning for me plus I have a cord of blowdowns bucked in my woods. That means my entire 2014-15 supply is in the yard! I'm thrilled, it cost me a case of beer and about 16 hours. Now onto splitting.

firefighterjake said:
Good wood: Free wood.

Better wood: Free wood already bucked up.

Best wood: Free wood already bucked up by good friends.
Took some of that, seasoned 2years to my next door neighbor the other day. He only burns in his fireplace once in a while. He is a good neighbor and worth every split :)

just to warn you that looks like stage 1 of the ocd-firewood collection disease we all share. considering the big truck, you might be onto stage 2.

good score!

Hope that picture wasn't out of the window of the truck. That would make the bed height at eye level? :shut:

Awesome that you are that far ahead and it was free!

SolarAndWood said:
Hope that picture wasn't out of the window of the truck. That would make the bed height at eye level? :shut:

That would be one hell of a truck! That's from my 2nd floor, probably 18' above ground height. I have 11' ceilings in my garage, I am on the 2nd floor above my garage looking down. A picture at ground level wouldn't do it any justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.