Pictures Wanted! Wood storage near the stove....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Primary wood supply is a bicycle tired wood cart we got from Harbor Freight. It holds 2-4 days of wood depending on how hard we are running the stove. I fill it from the outside woodsheds and drag it in as needed, park it in the living room next to the stove and feed from it. When the supply gets low, I transfer the remaining splits to a sling style rack next to the stove, and go out and get another load. The stuff in the sling is then burned before I start working off the cart again.

No problems w/ bugs beyond the occasional spider - which burns quite nicely (Bugs have BTUs...)

Gooserider

I think if I ever brought a bat in with the wood, and my wife found out, she’d make me sell the stove! We all got a good laugh(at her expense) when she ran and screamed under a blanket the day a bat came into our room from the attic. You would swear someone was being tortured from the amount of noise.

My SO did that with a dead bird the cat brought in :blank:

He left the bird in his pants :-S

CTburns said:
firefighterjake said:
I posted these pics awhile back, but what they hey . . . since you asked.

P.S. The cat is not dead . . . just enjoying the heat.

Is that two bottles of beer in the picture on the left, between the box and the stove? :lol:

No . . . I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but I don't drink beer (although I do like a good Woodchuck cider from time to time -- a truly great product from the State of Vermont). Those little bottles you see are actually Stove Scents to make the living room smell pur-ty. :) ;)

Jake, that's better than my reason for not drinking it. I'm a raging alcoholic! What are stove scents? I like your box setup... I think I might be able to do something like that. Also see you've got a dustpan and little sweeper there. Those are indispensable.

Status
Not open for further replies.