Pleasant Hearth and Englander 30-NC /Timber Ridge 50-TNC30 Info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I found another stove that might work for you...

woodstoveminion.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Understood. It is confusing and a little over whelming trying to gather data from various sources then make a guess-timation. I am comfortable with the two stove choices and the SBI cw29000/1800i as the insert choice. I really would like to make a freeestanding stove work though.

If you live in or near the ZIP Code 95682, I have found that the Regency H2100 Hearth Heater *may* be the best option based on your requirements. I could have a fireplace insert installed, but also wanting the majority of the heat to be released/radiated in the room. It has performed as designed. 1700 sq.ft. home is more than heated by the unit, without resorting to the central HVAC to supplement. My technique is improving in regards to having a bed of coals awaiting me in the morning to relight. I can honestly say that after the last load before bed is able to produce enough coals in the morning to warm up the home.

I was cold too. Hate the cold. Always hated the weather accompanying winter. Now, that is no longer the problem (at least inside) as I can heat the whole home. Without trying too hard, I can bask in mid-80-'s room temp if I choose...

If you live in or near the ZIP Code 95682, I have found that the Regency H2100 Hearth Heater *may* be the best option based on your requirements. I could have a fireplace insert installed, but also wanting the majority of the heat to be released/radiated in the room. It has performed as designed. 1700 sq.ft. home is more than heated by the unit, without resorting to the central HVAC to supplement. My technique is improving in regards to having a bed of coals awaiting me in the morning to relight. I can honestly say that after the last load before bed is able to produce enough coals in the morning to warm up the home.

I was cold too. Hate the cold. Always hated the weather accompanying winter. Now, that is no longer the problem (at least inside) as I can heat the whole home. Without trying too hard, I can bask in mid-80-'s room temp if I choose...

Hey Neighbor,

Im just on the other side of Folsom Lake from you. That is a nice stove and would fit. The CW2500 is similar and more affordable for me. Hoping to install a stove with a larger fire box though.

I have a Vogelzang Durango. Seems like it would fit your needs perfectly. It’s short narrow but very deep. Can fit a 24in log.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey superex87, how do you like your Durango? I was curious about the quality of that unit from Vogelzang. Have you had it long?