Please share your experiences with the Deva 100 cookstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlrf

Dec 9, 2009
Quebec

I've spent the afternoon perusing these forums, and very informative they are, too! However, I haven't found much information about the Deva cookstove, which may actually answer my question.

We have an ancient Hearthstone II which is starting to have a number of problems. As parts are no longer available, we're thinking of replacing it with either the Heritage or the Deva.

Our primary need is heating: we have a small but poorly insulated and drafty old house in the frozen north. The old stove has done a (fairly) good job of heating the house (open plan, about 600 square feet plus miscellaneous add-ons, and a very sophisticated heating system for the second floor, i.e. holes in the ceiling to the bedrooms), but the idea of being able to use the replacement for cooking as well is appealing.

Because the Deva is designed as a cookstove, I can't find any information about its heating capacity and emissions. Would we have to feed it more often than the Heritage? Would its burn time be shorter? Is it hideously environmentally unfriendly?

I'd love to hear the opinions of anyone who has one. Or, come to that, anyone who doesn't.

its a way smaller firebox, and won't give you the burntimes for primary heating. It is quite nice, and works nicely as a strictly daytime/early evening unit that is functional in other ways as well. For an overnight heater, though, you might consider something w/ AT LEAST 2 cubic ft of firebox space (prefferably larger).

This has to score first place for successful conclusion of a complex question. Summit you have to win an award fofor this. A satisfied custokmer in fifty words or less.

Oh, jlrf, welcome to the hearth. You are encouraged to ask good questions like this to challenge the suscinct answers here. Keep up updated about your install.

Status
Not open for further replies.