PNW & Western wild fires. Know anyone affected?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard a quote from one of the fire service officials on the news saying that the average moisture content of the understory currently burning in Yosemite is less than that of kiln dried building lumber right now, and we all know how that burns :eek:

Yeah, I heard an interview where the number 4% was mentioned. !!!

Yah, Jerry Brown (governor of CA) mentioned that on the news last night. Driest ever measured. SF is very worried about their water supply from north Yosemite as well.

Yah, there are many ghosts from the days of setting aside the national parks, and the wars over the resource use of Yosemite. I think it was a crime that they dammed up HH myself. Serves 'em right.

Status
Not open for further replies.