I just dragged some black oak through some poison oak. Cut it into 3' or so sections, tossed it into the back of the SUV, took it home and cut it to size. The rounds are just sitting in the driveway awaiting their meeting and doom with the maul. There wasn't that much poison oak, but I know this wood touched it. I've read that the oil of poison oak (ivy etc (same oil)) will last a year or so on things. Tools etc. So I'm going to soak my tow chain and tow strap in a bucket of hot soapy water and let them air dry afterwards. Can't do anything about the SUV insides, my gloves (not sure if I can wash deer skin), and my chainsaw (will wipe it down). I was pretty cautious not to come into direct contact with the wood. And there really wasn't THAT much poison oak. Anyone have any experience with this? Ivy is the same so that works too. After I get this split and stacked I can't imagine there being an issue of kids touching it and getting poison oak from it. Also it won't be burned probably for a year or two if I can help it. I've never got a rash (yet - heard one's immunity can change at any time). Found this Facts PDF file to be interesting: PDF from University of Oregon Any concerns? Just don't want the kids to play with or on the rounds, splits, tools and get a rash. Thanks!