Poor exaust on Whitfield Profile 30, Control board ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamu

Nov 16, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Hello pellet burner friends,

I own a withfield pellet stove and the last year or so my exhaust draft has been slowly decreasing. Checked all usual suspects but all is ok (air intake pipe clean, exhaust pipe clean, door gasket is tight, stove is clean from ashes,exaust blower inside casing is clean).

So i am left with 2 options, trying to change the exhaust motor or the control board. I checked the output voltage of the control board (you can do so with a multimeter from the front bottom of the control board, see here : )

http://www.woodheatstoves.com/zcart/images/16052112.jpg

All i got was 50 volts on all three electric components (auger, room and exhaust motors). Is 50 volts normal or my board is slowly fading away ...

thanks in advance for your replies.

Marion.

Mamu said:
Hello pellet burner friends,

I own a withfield pellet stove and the last year or so my exhaust draft has been slowly decreasing. Checked all usual suspects but all is ok (air intake pipe clean, exhaust pipe clean, door gasket is tight, stove is clean from ashes,exaust blower inside casing is clean).

So i am left with 2 options, trying to change the exhaust motor or the control board. I checked the output voltage of the control board (you can do so with a multimeter from the front bottom of the control board, see here : )

http://www.woodheatstoves.com/zcart/images/16052112.jpg

All i got was 50 volts on all three electric components (auger, room and exhaust motors). Is 50 volts normal or my board is slowly fading away ...

thanks in advance for your replies.

Marion.

Im not sure what the voltage on the Profile is but
did you check to see what voltage you are getting INTO the board from your house current.
Check it where it comes into the stove

Mamu said:
Thanks for the reply,

Voltage on all outlets is 120V (+- a few volts).
what about right were it comes into the board? or wire block (i cant remember how that stove power cord comes in.)

BTW I have the boards in stock

I have a profile 20 and they say the setting for the output to the blower is adjustable I am trying to find out how to adjust mine as My stove fills with ash in 24 hours and burns sooty and I am on my 2nd combustion fan.

When you got a new combustion fan did it fix the problem for a while ? I did buy a new control board but the problem remained. I now have a back-up for my control board :)

Yes it did for about 2 months but // I have read the board is supose to be adjustable but you have to call service for a 180 and hour tech to turn a adjustment pot to speed up the motor

I can put a meter accross teh motor leads and adjust it up a couple of volts to get a better burn

I keep teh exhaust pipe clean and the stove vac'ed out , On start up I can hear teh motor running faster

Status
Not open for further replies.