Post a pic of your woodhauler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
You both seem to have gotten good deals. I spent several months trying to get the previous owner to sell to me, so when he finally caved, I paid what he wanted. It was the best one I could find anywhere, and has had zero mechanical issues in two years. Does have some rust. Red, yellow and blue paint are showing through the flat black recently.
When I test drove the truck It ran of but had what I thought was a valve cover leak and a rusted through oil pan and it ran pretty rough because it had been sitting a long time. So I trailed it home and gave it a quick tune up plugs wires air filter ect ect. And then it ran good till it got up to temperature then I could tell it had a cracked head. So I ended up swapping heads with the heads off my parts truck. But now it runs like a champ. Still some little issues but nothing bad just little annoying stuff I will eventually get around to fixing

You both seem to have gotten good deals. I spent several months trying to get the previous owner to sell to me, so when he finally caved, I paid what he wanted. It was the best one I could find anywhere, and has had zero mechanical issues in two years. Does have some rust. Red, yellow and blue paint are showing through the flat black recently.

View attachment 193497
Its extremely hard to find a good clean older truck...I looked for months and months...scouring the net almost daily before I found it. My wife kept on telling to just go and sign and drive...lol...I wasn't interested in monthly truck payments. Now I am going to start looking a for a diesel truck project as my 96 2500 with the 8.0 has about had it. This may prove to be a very tall order to fill...lol

Its extremely hard to find a good clean older truck...I looked for months and months...scouring the net almost daily before I found it. My wife kept on telling to just go and sign and drive...lol...I wasn't interested in monthly truck payments. Now I am going to start looking a for a diesel truck project as my 96 2500 with the 8.0 has about had it. This may prove to be a very tall order to fill...lol
Yes it is. I had the Craigslist app sending me a notification every time a new truck was listed, and I still never found one I liked. Either something's wrong under the hood or the body is rusted out.

Never tried it myself, but I have friends who used to rent a van and drive to Texas. They'd get nice cars and trucks for cheap with no rust, then drive them back north (KY) and sell for profit. Might be worth looking into.

Yes it is. I had the Craigslist app sending me a notification every time a new truck was listed, and I still never found one I liked. Either something's wrong under the hood or the body is rusted out.

Never tried it myself, but I have friends who used to rent a van and drive to Texas. They'd get nice cars and trucks for cheap with no rust, then drive them back north (KY) and sell for profit. Might be worth looking into.
A guy up the road does that very thing...Though he's located in Indiana he calls his business Lonestar Diesel. I may look into that myself.

Its extremely hard to find a good clean older truck...I looked for months and months.
Yeah I just wanted a beater that with some work could be a reliable local truck. getting wood trips to the dump ect ect. And it took me a long time to find one. So many had bad frames. And guys still wanted 3 or 4 grand for them.

Skidder/hauler/tool box/nap spot all in one.

Attachments

• 20161006_162202.jpg
    20161006_162202.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 20161006_082247.jpg
    20161006_082247.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 229
Reactions: Tom123