Post your dog pics!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our girl Friday.

Attachments

• what do you think im doing.jpg
    what do you think im doing.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 912
Bobbin said:
TPLO surgery, I'd wager... . Also, did they tell you that once the dog blows out one ACL, the odds are he will do the other one, too? (Ask me how I know).

Rex has a totally rebuilt drivetrain. But if you follow the rehab. regimen to the letter the surgery will do the trick. But you have to follow the protocol. Poor thing wearing that foolish "lampshade", that must've sucked. Rex was really good about not chewing at the staples, we spritzed the site with that bitter apple spray and after that he left it alone. He was a very good cooperator.

This is a fun thread... I knew it would be.

Yup, TPLO. He is just over 6 weeks out now. Had Xrays the other day. Doc says he is healing wonderfully. We are starting rehab with 5-10 minute walks now. He was pretty good with the stitches. After a day or so, we only put the lampshade on him at night and when we we out. He has been VERY bored. Also, the critters are moving in because he isn't making his rounds all day. Wood chuck, rabbit moved in and the squirrels and chip monks are playing on the deck. We has heard the warnings about the other knee. Trying to decide between buying the pet insurance or just rolling the dice. As far as I can tell, the ins will only end up saving about 1/2 the cost IF we do the second knee. I told my with that technically he was totaled when he blew out the first knee. The cost of repair far exceeded the cost of replacement. She did not appreciate that. I guess he is still cheaper than another human child.

Adios Pantalones said:
I need a cheer up this week, so here it is. Ya, we've done it before, but who doesn't love dogs? (nobody I want to hang with)

I like other people's dogs . . . does this mean we can still hang out together? ;) :)

By the way, loving the pics . . . great thread . . . some very comical pics.

Here are the three takin it easy

DSC01274.jpg

Flatbedford said:
Bobbin said:
TPLO surgery, I'd wager... . Also, did they tell you that once the dog blows out one ACL, the odds are he will do the other one, too? (Ask me how I know).

Rex has a totally rebuilt drivetrain. But if you follow the rehab. regimen to the letter the surgery will do the trick. But you have to follow the protocol. Poor thing wearing that foolish "lampshade", that must've sucked. Rex was really good about not chewing at the staples, we spritzed the site with that bitter apple spray and after that he left it alone. He was a very good cooperator.

This is a fun thread... I knew it would be.

Yup, TPLO. He is just over 6 weeks out now. Had Xrays the other day. Doc says he is healing wonderfully. We are starting rehab with 5-10 minute walks now. He was pretty good with the stitches. After a day or so, we only put the lampshade on him at night and when we we out. He has been VERY bored. Also, the critters are moving in because he isn't making his rounds all day. Wood chuck, rabbit moved in and the squirrels and chip monks are playing on the deck. We has heard the warnings about the other knee. Trying to decide between buying the pet insurance or just rolling the dice. As far as I can tell, the ins will only end up saving about 1/2 the cost IF we do the second knee. I told my with that technically he was totaled when he blew out the first knee. The cost of repair far exceeded the cost of replacement. She did not appreciate that. I guess he is still cheaper than another human child.

TPLO surgery on our mastiff was $4500.00 all told. Lampshade cut into her neck and required stitches and meds and stunk really, really bad. Lampshade had to go , but she left the wound alone.
We have lucked out on the other leg and so far with athritis, too.
Had to install air conditioning in the house, though. She just couldn't handle the hot weather this Summer, got heat stroke and colitis. Not fun.
no pics at work computer. Just a big 'ol scaredy cat mastiff.
Used to be scared of the dark. When you wanted her back in at night ya just shut off the outside light.

This is Cooper. It was his first time at the lake, and he went right in like he'd been going for years. April 30th of this year, when he was about 9 months. This dog is like the energizer bunny in the water.
We have a few others as well, but I'll have to dig for the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3939resize.jpg
    IMG_3939resize.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 924
  • IMG_3941resize.jpg
    IMG_3941resize.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 923
I can relate to the Energizer bunny comment, we have a 5 yr old female St Bernard that is mostly a rug when at home, but get her into deep water and she is non-stop. Loves to fetch and return a stick like a retriever...really funny to watch the transformation! We had to get video of her doing this as our friends/family thought we were making it up. I'll have to see if we have pics.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
I think we should allow cats, how ever. We need a new pic of Michelle ;-)

I walked out on the deck with the camera and she gave me a "Oh great. They are doing the dogs again." look and turned and walked off.

BrotherBart said:
Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
I think we should allow cats, how ever. We need a new pic of Michelle ;-)

I walked out on the deck with the camera and she gave me a "Oh great. They are doing the dogs again." look and turned and walked off.

Smart girl :)

Tell her it was a special request and to Cowgirl up :)

Great dog pics, dogs are the coolest!
Here are some pics of Bella. GSD/ Rottie mix is my best guess.
Bella also had knee surgury about a year ago, she seems to be doing quite well now.
I limit the running and jumping now, I would really like to avoid having to have the other knee done.

Attachments

• dog 002.jpg
    dog 002.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 843
  • bella car1.jpg
    bella car1.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 862
  • Picture 100.jpg
    Picture 100.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 833
  • Bella 1.jpg
    Bella 1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 821
Charlie and Rascal.

Attachments

• shopcats.jpg
    shopcats.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 844
  • preciate.jpg
    preciate.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 843
I guess for now I have to go with last year's pic of the Woodpile Panther. Had mice problems in this house, even with my wife's indoor cat here for 17 years, for 25 years. Me and this little stray made friends around the wood pile two years ago and neither house nor wood pile has a mouse to be found. She would go out and find them in the three feet of snow last winter!

Show me a dog that will do that!

Attachments

• woodpile panther.jpg
    woodpile panther.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 809
That cat's crying out to be named "Midnight". :)

Here is our girl Abby. She was an adoption from a shelter at 1 year old. We got her for my son and she has been awesome to have around. She was abused and was very shy at first with me and the wife. But took to my son as soon as they met. With some time she then warmed up to my wife and finally warmed up to me(only because I feed her). We brought he back for a visit to the shelter 6 months later and they were amazed at how well she has adjusted. No one new she had a curled tail because it was always between her legs. Now she meets us at the door when we get home and has to talk or whine about here day.

She turned into a welcome addition to the family. She is a very good alarm system for us and also words off the local squirrel's from the bird feeders. Likes to play ball and swim, Loves to ride in the truck and the boat. Learned several tricks(including hi 5) and is smart as the dickens. We just love this little girl. I just can't believe someone could beat a sweet little dog like this. She had a few issues, but love cured them not abuse!

Attachments

• abby.jpg
    abby.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 832
Here's a few pictures of our golden from puppy stage on up. The only problem with taking her in the kayak is that if you fish, she wants to fetch whatever is on the end of the line.

Attachments

• 100_2977.jpg
    100_2977.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 812
  • nice piggy.jpg
    nice piggy.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 814
  • P9070343.jpg
    P9070343.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 833
fossil said:

I call her the Halloween Cat.

Her name came about because I started catching glimpses of her around here back before the election. We did a two month dance of me putting food out and it disappearing without spotting her. I kept moving it closer to my chair by the woodpile. Finally she started coming to the food with me around but not getting close. I named the cat Barack.

One day after she had finally got to eating out of the bowl right next to my chair, but ready to bolt if I moved, out of the clear blue she jumped in my lap. I then discovered that she was going to be Michelle, not Barack.

Hannah GSD.. In every sense a member of the family.. Just wish I could train her to stack wood :)

Attachments

• Hanna.jpg
    Hanna.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 773
  • hanna7a.jpg
    hanna7a.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 787
BrotherBart said:
fossil said:

I call her the Halloween Cat.

Her name came about because I started catching glimpses of her around here back before the election. We did a two month dance of me putting food out and it disappearing without spotting her. I kept moving it closer to my chair by the woodpile. Finally she started coming to the food with me around but not getting close. I named the cat Barack.

One day after she had finally got to eating out of the bowl right next to my chair, but ready to bolt if I moved, out of the clear blue she jumped in my lap. I then discovered that she was going to be Michelle, not Barack.

:cheese: The first stray that adopted me in Virginia came up one night & was rustling around in the recycle bin just outside my shop door. Instant trust, obviously a domestic cat, but no ident whatever. I thought the cat was a female, so I named her Amelia...after Amelia Earhart (lost explorer). Took Amelia to the vet to get her checked out, and he sez, "Well, Amelia's a neutered male." H-mmm. Renamed him Hobo. He was a great cat. Few years later, he dropped over dead one day in the kitchen. Vet said it was prob'ly a congenital heart defect. I miss Hobo. Then came Rascal...but that's another story much more similar to yours about Michelle. Rick

My golden loves our 6 acres and 5 kids. Life is good for him!

Carter.jpg

Carter2.jpg

A pup named Scooby Doo

IMG_2474.jpg

DSCF1189.jpg

I just finished reading A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron. Once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down Until I finished it. A wonderful story told by a dog. Anybody who has known a dog should appreciate this book. Incredible look into the dog brain and what goes on in there. Many stars. Highly recommended.

Ginger, our miniature Dachshund and third child.

Making sure the yard is in order:
ginger_couch.jpg

Getting a drink from the slip n slide:
ginger_water_slide2.jpg

Catching some rays:
Gingerbydoor2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.