Potentially interesting- arc lighter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
Been using a nice flameless butane lighter for starting the stove, grill, firepit.

Recently discovered these new(?) Arc lighters that are rechargable.

Curious if anyone has experience and am opinion.

The following link is just one example, there are lots of them out there.

Amazon product ASIN B07CVDFR6H

Yes, we use them to light the propane stove in our kitchen, and it works great for that. I tried to light newspaper in our wood stove, but it did not work so well for that purpose.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
Bic lighter,matches when it runs out and i haven't replaced it

The best fire lighter I found is a small camp size propane bottle. At walmart, sporting / camping they have click to light touch for the propane bottle.

I use a small propane torch. Boiler, campfire, charcoal. Works great

Just wanted to see if there were any updates. What is everyone using to start their fires?

This time of year . . . not much. Just toss some kindling or maybe some crumped up newspaper on to the hot coals and let 'er rip. If I do make a fire I go old school and use strike-on-the-box matches.