Potomac pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timinct

Jan 6, 2009
Vernon, CT
As a newb I am trying different pellets to see which one I get the best results with. Bought 2 bags of Potomac from Lowes yesterday. I opened a bag this morning to use and saw wood chunks. This made me start sifting through the bag as I poured them into the hopper. The pic below shows all that I picked out. I am sure I missed a lot as well. Also in the pic is the size difference in pellets.

Am I being to picky here? Is this acceptable? I have not experienced this in any of the other brands that I have tried. I am running a Breckwell P23 insert. Would the auger get caught up on pieces this size? I would rather not find out the hard way. Thanks for the input.

Tim

DSC00688.jpg

ugly!!!! i ran a few bags of them earlier this season , wasnt happy with them at all, though they burned clean they coned out in the hopper and wouldnt feed out without having to go to the stove and rake em down several times a day

finding wood chips in a bag of pellets never happened to me. But then again, you buy pellets from Lowes, HD or Walmart you're always taking a risk as far as I'm concerned. I would bring them back

I would be a bit worried about the length of the pellets also depending on how hard they are to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.