Praise for Tarm USA / Bioheat USA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gorsuchmill

Mar 14, 2008
Central MD
I'm wrapping up the installation of a Scandtec/Tarm boiler and wanted to let everyone know how pleased I am with my interaction with Bioheat USA/Tarm. I originally looked at several gasifier options and ultimately decided to go with the Tarm given the longer history it has in the US. Although I wasn't thrilled with an initial delay in shipping, I have been extremely pleased with the exceptional customer support I've received, especially from Rene. From the initial order to installation/operation technical service their support has been first rate. I'm sure there are other reputable boiler dealers out there, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone better.

Kudos.

- Lee

I was on the phone almost daily with Morty and Travis during my install. Before that I was calling them at least once a week as I designed out my system.
Very knowledgeable, and put up with my constant barrage of questions.
So far I'm very pleased.

Renee really knows his stuff. I believe he ran his own plumbing business before he became involved with Tarm.

I bought my Tarm there as well. Praise, Praise, Praise. I have nothing but great things to say about the business. When we were installing.. we were calling 4 times a day. Always professional and patient with us. Always available. And you know it starts from the top... Rene was excellent.... as was Morty. For real.... it has been the best experience dealing with any business in my entire lifetime. This place should be the role model for all other businesses that want to succeed.

I had to speak with Chris Hopkins again @ Tarm. He was very helpful as usual. I told him not to be shy, to come on this forum more frequently. We appreciate company representatives as helpful as him here.
He had nothing but praise for this forum.

chuck172 said:
I had to speak with Chris Hopkins again @ Tarm. He was very helpful as usual. I told him not to be shy, to come on this forum more frequently. We appreciate company representatives as helpful as him here.
He had nothing but praise for this forum.

I expect he would, if he had more time.

This is busy season, and they're putting in a lot of hours each day, just keeping up with keeping orders coordinated. Last time I was up there, I don't think Chris had more than a few square inches of space on his desk that wasn't covered with orders, spreadsheets, and the like.

I can say that Tarm has had some customer service issues in the past, speaking as a contractor who has connected some boilers for folks who felt that they were pretty much abandoned once they took delivery. I'm not sure precisely when it happened, but sometime in the past few years they turned that around, and then surpassed what one would normally expect. The new products they've brought in this year (Innova, Fröling) made me interested in becoming a dealer, but the level of customer service they're offering now is what sealed the deal. You can have the best product in the world, but if I can't expect support for myself and my customers, I'll go elsewhere.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.