Pre-Season early buy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmith

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2009
Kutztown, PA
Just got prices on the early buy program. Easy Heat $210 Energex $229 Hamer $239 and Eazy Blaze Softwood $245. What gives? I always go through 4 ton per season, this year I only used 21/2 tons. I can't think pellets are in short supply. Seems the dealers are getting greedy. I was expecting Sub 200's.

Just got prices on the early buy program. Easy Heat $210 Energex $229 Hamer $239 and Eazy Blaze Softwood $245. What gives? I always go through 4 ton per season, this year I only used 21/2 tons. I can't think pellets are in short supply. Seems the dealers are getting greedy. I was expecting Sub 200's.
those prices although not sub 200.00. don't sound too bad...
these are normal prices in Quakertown at "The Pellet guy"

http://www.papelletguy.com/our-pellets/

those prices although not sub 200.00. don't sound too bad...
IDK, I paid 220 last year and this winter was very mild compared tolast year, I would expect lower prices.

Got the same email from agway

I think around here people would be jumping up and down with joy at those prices compared to last year. That is if they haven't stuffed they're yards with the $100/ton Lowe's pellets.

Last edited:
Reactions: cecil_archer
They have to get down to about $160 a ton before I waste anymore money on pellets and even then I would probably only buy 1 ton for S&G's. Propane is too cheap, corn is too cheap, and now I have a coal stove .....coal is only $60 a ton (bituminous). It's 12 miles away and it doesn't mind getting wet. I have 4 pellets stoves two are going to be up for sale next fall....maybe 3....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.