Prepping NC30 for sale?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluedogz

Minister of Fire
Oct 9, 2011
NE Maryland
Hello all-

Well, it's time to empty out the formerly-marital residence...

Obviously, the 30 needs to be listed for sale. Even more obviously, that thing is heavy as ****.

I want a viewer to be able to fully evaluate the stove, but don't want to spend 3 hours getting it ready to be loaded when it's time, what with removing firebricks and all.

What's the right way to "show it" while still being ready to stow it?

Cleaned out and wiped down should be good. I'd leave it intact. That is how we moved the T6 which is even heavier. Just tell them to bring the right equipment for moving. We pulled the Castine and replaced it with the T6 within an hour using a stout appliance dolly, padding and a ratchet strap.

Sorry about the marriage.........I bought mine used for $250....guy told me I had to do the dis-assembly and moving which I did.

That said most people that want this stove know what they want and what to look for in a used stove.

Good luck

I've sold a couple of wood stoves. Like anything you want to sell, 90% of the battle is making the stove look good enough to get them to show up with cash in hand. Clean it, paint it if it shows rust. Good photos, lots of photos, good lighting, no crap on the stove or in the background, etc. Then do not offer delivery. They must load and haul. Have the stove in a garage or other place out of the main home so they won't break anything. They load it into their truck. I've always "helped" but they were running the show. Things happen, stoves fall and break, they can fall on people and cause injury.

Only let them move "their" stove until after you have the cash in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.