Price of Replacement Parts and Trustworthiness

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

joescho

Feeling the Heat
Feb 11, 2009
Northeastern PA
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about different places on the web for Quad parts that were on the level and their level of trustworthiness. I'm needing a control board for my Mt Vernon insert (part # SRV7000-456) and am finding there's a bunch of places to order, but I'm concerned about quality or "too good to be true" deals. For example, the board I need I have seen from vendors on Amazon selling at about 550, then there's others I have found to be 750+. That gets my attention because a 200 dollar difference either makes me think price gouge or the seller at 550 is selling me old or outdated hardware.

I would imaging that Quad might be designating a minimum price but a 200 dollar difference is huge. I understand its the busy season for stove repair and dealers, but I've waited 2 weeks without so much as a call back asking me what my issue is or how far out my appointment would be. I think I can solve my problems myself but I'm a little green at this and probably need a little confidence.

Thoughts?

Yeah, customer service in the pellet industry is not great most of the time. That's why people end up here. As for the price differences in parts, I say look at the ratings online, Amazon or Ebay. See is the store has a webstore with contact information. Email them or call them first. If they answer, at least you know there is some one there. For years, I have looked for the board manufacturers names and sources to buy directly, but it is hard to find.

Reactions: Washed-Up
I don't know too much about Quads, but looking at Harman control boards prices do vary a little (e.g., $80) and some of the less expensive suppliers have pictures of older board revisions on their web sites. Pellet stoves 4 less appears to shows the way the Quad boards are marked and I think the 7.7 refers to the SW level. You can also look at the Quad troubleshooting manuals to understand revisions. Make sure to do due diligence on revisions before ordering...

1602946963795.png

Last edited:
Reactions: vinny11950
These are 2 places I’ve ordered from and have had great service and product. Friendly fires is on the east coast of Canada so you’d benefit from the exchange rate as well.

Friendly fires is on the east coast of Canada
Friendly fires are in Eastern Ontario Canada
I buy most of my parts from them. If they can they will show aftermarket as well as
the manufacturer's part with prices and you decide which you want

Friendly fires are in Eastern Ontario Canada
I buy most of my parts from them. If they can they will show aftermarket as well as
the manufacturer's part with prices and you decide which you want

Not sure why my phone changed it to coast, I thought I put eastern Canada.....oops.

Not sure why my phone changed it to coast, I thought I put eastern Canada.....oops.
Must be a good Alberta boy Eastern Canada starts at the Saskatchewan border for Albertans
Are you on the mountain or in the valley Skied and camped there in the 70s
lived in Calgary then

Reactions: Washed-Up
Must be a good Alberta boy Eastern Canada starts at the Saskatchewan border for Albertans
Are you on the mountain or in the valley Skied and camped there in the 70s
lived in Calgary then
I’m at the foot of Mt Kidd in Kananaskis valley, this is out my front door.

Attachments

• 433A7E16-3102-4027-A681-7AE215003952.jpeg
    433A7E16-3102-4027-A681-7AE215003952.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 101
Thanks for everyone's help. It just seemed strange on how far the gap in process was.

I don't know too much about Quads, but looking at Harman control boards prices do vary a little (e.g., $80) and some of the less expensive suppliers have pictures of older board revisions on their web sites. Pellet stoves 4 less appears to shows the way the Quad boards are marked and I think the 7.7 refers to the SW level. You can also look at the Quad troubleshooting manuals to understand revisions. Make sure to do due diligence on revisions before ordering...

View attachment 264927
The other thing I noticed in that particular picture is on my board the FP TC connector does not have the plastic piece on it, it only had the 2 posts (which I snapped off). I took 2 pins off the connector of an old dead hard drive and will solder them in and have a spare board.