price per cord

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kobudo

Sep 10, 2008
MN
Does anyone have a good wood supplier in NE Minnesota?
I put in an order for 1 cord of birch for $325. It is really high, but I called around and it the going rate in the Grand Marais area.
I would order more if I could get the price down to $175 or so....... Guess I better shapen my saw and axe.

kobudo said:
I put in an order for 1 cord of birch for $325. It is really high, but I called around and it the going rate in the Grand Marais area.
I would order more if I could get the price down to $175 or so....... Guess I better shapen my saw and axe.

at that price I would buy a few extra loops of stihl rs chain

Is this cut/split/seasoned/stacked at that price? Just across the border, a cord of green logs in the round is less than $100 CDN.

kobudo said:

That does seem really high...can get green (oak/maple/birch) for $175-$200 cord here and seasoned will run you $250 or so

Yea, closer to the Twin Cities I can get a cord of oak for under $200.
It is cut/split/delivered but I have to stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.