Price tag???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DCCT

Mar 13, 2015
Connecticut
Hi,
I'm selling my 4 year old, well maintained Harman P61 to a friend, but have little idea what a fair price is. I have no issues with it; just moving into a house where it won't be needed. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check to see what used stoves are selling for in your
area . Then you will have an idea what to charge ,
Used stove prices vary across the Country

Half of current new price for a "like new" stove. Go down from there.

Reactions: bags
I agree with Highbeam and JZM. At 4 years old I think half of current new price is fair. Harmans hold their value well for used stoves. Really though, Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I would love a P61 pellet stove first for the shop and then if it meets wife approval, and my approval (neither of us have ever run a pellet stove) then consider one to replace the house wood stove if we ever stop using firewood. The P61a is my chosen stove. Too bad you don't live in WA!

I would love a P61 pellet stove first for the shop and then if it meets wife approval, and my approval (neither of us have ever run a pellet stove) then consider one to replace the house wood stove if we ever stop using firewood. The P61a is my chosen stove. Too bad you don't live in WA!

They really are nice stoves. The P43, 61, and 68 are the same stove more or less. The size and BTUs are really the only difference. If you do decide to get one I highly recommend a Harman. Spend a bit more because you will not regret it.

Since I fell last August I did not get my NC 30 hooked up to try out. I will before this fall though. I couldn't walk for awhile. Two casts both ankles broken along with a broken right heel. Kinda stopped me in my tracks so to speak. Ha ha!

Reactions: Highbeam