prices might be starting to come down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magsf11

Feeling the Heat
Jan 31, 2009
buffalo ny
recived a price today for a ton of energex for 250. paid 280/ton at the beginning of the month. a nother dealer said that prices might drop another $20 by April 8th. might be looking good fo prices.

Same here in CT. Staying the same or have gone up a little.

Still holding out for the deal of the season!

jay

The local Aubuchon is trying to sell pellets for $7.50 a bag!! Everyone else around here is going between $5.90 and $5.98 per bag. I'm waiting to see the prices come down, but I'm not feeling real good about the possibility of them going too low in my neck of the woods.

CDodge04 said:
The local Aubuchon is trying to sell pellets for $7.50 a bag!! Everyone else around here is going between $5.90 and $5.98 per bag. I'm waiting to see the prices come down, but I'm not feeling real good about the possibility of them going too low in my neck of the woods.

Our Aubuchon here in VT is doing the same thing. Every day I drive in to work and go past Aubuchon with the sign for wood pelltes $7.50/bag. The pallet keeps getting smaller too. I wonder if they are selling them or just taking a few bags off the pallet each day to make it look like they are selling.

Haha I broke down and bought a few bags today for $5.90 as much as I didn't want to. There is no way I'll pay $7.50 a bag...I don't understand how they could even entertain the idea of selling them for such an outrageous price.

There is a guy on Feebay selling Penningtons for $10.00 per bag.

Haven't seen any indication of lower prices here.
South Shore Wood Pellet is less than a mile from me
and his price listings for April are higher than they
were in March, and his prices for May/June are even
higher than for April. Same thing for pelletsales.com
price quotes for my area.

The most I paided this past heating season was 5.99 a bag and that was to do test them. thaught i took it in the rear at 280/ton. yes i did take a chance with the price, but what everyone was saying that prices would come down or holled steady.I gambled at only baught 2.5 ton. now i will get more for the 250/ton. thats only $25 more than what i paid last year at this time. If they drop more I will stock up. Can not have too many. (i think).

I'm with ya....at 7.50 a bag they can rot in their warehouse. At that price I make a phone call to my oil company plain and simple. In fact I am only getting approx. 1 1/2 tons for next winter ahead of time....will fill my tank....whatevers cheaper I will use. Save the pellets for the ambiance of the mood and use the oil as a no brainer for heating.

CDodge04 said:
Haha I broke down and bought a few bags today for $5.90 as much as I didn't want to. There is no way I'll pay $7.50 a bag...I don't understand how they could even entertain the idea of selling them for such an outrageous price.

Status
Not open for further replies.