Problem Editing My Own Posts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanCorcoran

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2010
Richmond, VA
After I've posted a comment, I click on "edit". Instead of seeing my post, available for editing, I get a light-colored image of the editing box, but it is blank. In order to edit my post, I then must click on "More Options" in the lower right corner. This brings up my post, available for editing.

This is a new issue in the last few days and could be confusing for new members (it was for me, and I've been around a while).

Yeah we have been chasing this. It appears to be latest update of Firefox. 23.0.1. No problem in other browsers or earlier Firefox releases.

The last 2 upgrades from Mozilla have been buggy. In addition to affecting the edits on the forum, the prior update turned online Outlook into a crasher when sending an email.

Yeah we have been chasing this. It appears to be latest update of Firefox. 23.0.1. No problem in other browsers or earlier Firefox releases.

Yep, I'm using 23.0.1.

Unfortunately FF doesn't support rolling back to previous releases. Saying it is a security issue.

I want my money back! ;lol

Reactions: Woody Stover
The next version of the Forum software has a workaround in it if FF doesn't get it fixed. But it is gonna be a little while before we pull the trigger on the update.

Clicking on other options takes you into the editor even in Firefox. The problem is between a security change in Firefox and the piece of software used in the forum software that brings up the little edit window. FF implemented code to block third party stuff in the background playing in the browser. Good in principle but...

Spent all day finding out more about this problem than I ever wanted to know. :confused:

If I don't like using "other options", I guess I'll just have to get it right the first time!

If I don't like using "other options", I guess I'll just have to get it right the first time!

No problem using the "more options". Don't be afraid. It ain't scary or anything.:p

Fixed in the new software version and working.

Status
Not open for further replies.