Problem with 1999 Quad CB 1200 insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Ellie after some search and study of the elusive manual on the cb1200I. you may just have to remove the control box to see in behind the junction box i'm not sure. i will keep looking. You may need a good stove tech to find it and clip it from the system.

here is the service manual for your stove.

Attachments

• 1200_service_1200i.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 351
Last edited:
it's not bad open up rt door and hopper. pull your control box(unplug stove first) pull 4 screws that hold the lower box in place. then gently pull the box down out of the hole and turn over and clip the wire then reinstall

So, in the pic you sent of the capacitor location...that blue looking strip on the left, is that where the control box plugs into?
Ellie after some search and study of the elusive manual on the cb1200I. you may just have to remove the control box to see in behind the junction box i'm not sure. i will keep looking. You may need a good stove tech to find it and clip it from the system.

Thanks Ssyko...I took a pic of what my right side looks like after unplugging the box. I can't see anything that looks like something I could remove. This is so frustrating for me....I have worked on my motorcycles, tractor, vehicles, lawn mowers, etc and usually get the job done but this thing has kicked my butt mentally.....after all, it is dealing with electricity:mad:

Attachments

• IMG_5611.jpg
    IMG_5611.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 76
cap is inside this box

IMG_5611.jpg

And I see no way of getting into it.....I see no screws, only rivets. I did try to get a tech here (again) about a month ago. He told me to get a chimney guy over to double check and rule that out and then to call him and he would squeeze me in somewhere....so I did, very knowledgeable, well established chimney business. He made sure all was good....I called the tech back (left a message) on 2 separate days to let him know it was ready to be looked at whenever he was able. He has never returned my call, ever. This is what is maddening, there is just no excuse for not returning my call.....if you can't get to it for awhile, fine, just return my damn call and let me know. I did what he asked, spent $182 bucks on the chimney guy, which was worth it to know all that was ok but here I am....frustrated. He is supposed to be good, that's what the chimney guy said anyway..... I'll try calling him again tomorrow
I really appreciate all your efforts and your help Sysko ..... I just don't think I can do any more on this end with my limited knowledge/understanding of how these stoves work ~Ellie~

Thanks a lot for this manual......I had been looking for one closer to the year of the stove forever and never could find it! this explains so much and actually has a section on the feed motor.....I really appreciate this! :)

Reactions: Ssyko
That is the tech service manual:cool:

• Love
Reactions: Lekcombs