Processing wood with snow on the ground

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RoseRedHoofbeats said:
I'll remember all of you Northern boys telling me to embrace the snow when you're whining about having to work in 100 degrees and 75% humidity this summer. I will be LAUGHING IT UP. (I'm kidding. Mostly.)

Naaa...My air conditioner doesn't require spit firewood to work. %-P

Well Rose, you are right about the heat and humidity! I've never liked it a bit but as I get older, I find it even worse. So, most days when it gets hot and humid I'll either be riding my bicycle or else sitting here at the computer in nice air conditioned air! Life can be good sometimes.

I really think you're either a cold-weather person or a hot-weather person, and there's not a whole lot one can do about it. July and August in Texas is my favorite time of year, in my favorite place- never gets below 90 degrees even at night, the cicadas are singing, water runs down your windows every morning because it's so humid, you can work up a sweat just standing on your front porch in the shade, and even the river water feels warm. HEAVEN. I could live on the equator and be happy as a clam. Man that sounds nice right now (as the wind shakes my entire house and I can HEAR the snow falling).

Anyway, I think I have a game plan as far as my wood for next year. Thanks much everyone!

~Rose

I dont mind the cold,actually prefer it to those 90+ days with 115 heat index in July-August here.Dont matter where I am,in the woods,in the backyard,up 50-100 ft or more in the air at a jobsite somewhere as long as my hands & feet are warm,its gravy.Like others I much prefer to dress in layers,yesterday was 36 & sunny here,stripped down to a light sweatshirt with no coat by noon.Only time I wear those insulated coveralls is if I'm sitting or standing for long periods out somewhere with -20 temps & strong winds,that dont happen very often.Plus it can be unsafe with too many clothes on,your reaction time is slowed & cant move near as quickly if need be.Dress looking like a Michelin Man & there can be problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.