ProFormer Z wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolly

Hearth Supporter
Apr 22, 2010
Ludlow
I wanted to know if anyone had a problem with their glass window? Do you have problem getin it started? How often do you have to clean it? Mine uses biger wood then other ,warms my homw up quicker,yet I dont hear it going as I did the other. It smokes alot too-with dampers wide open or closed. Button on top I guess for blower-which when runin makes my meter go haywire. I keep bottom damper open more to let air in to keep going.How much would buyin new glass be & where to purchaseit??

I need info on ProFormer-z ser;1621 wood stove asap.I broke the glass in front by leting the drop door down too fast. It glass.Anyone know the price & where to purchase it??

Dolly,

I was able to get new glass for a stove at the local glass shop. Many stoves use a special ceramic - glass that can withstand the high heat. If you can remove the door so they can fit the glass you can be sure you will get the best fit.

Matt

Tell the glass shop that you need NeoCeram or PyroCeram, not tempered glass.

Hello Dolly. (Well someone had to say it :))

I moved your post from the Jotul thread over to here so that your other questions can be covered better.

As for where to by, where is Ludlow? What state? Do you have a good glass store in the area? That is where I would start. But you want to be sure that they install the materials BrotherBart recommended. If they don't have this material, we can suggest an online source, but you will need to provide them with precise measurements of the glass or send them a template.

The stove shouldn't be smoking. Most often this is from poorly seasoned wood, but sometimes there can be other reasons like a poor flue system.

We have a few Proformer users here that may be able to help you , including one of the moderators, but he is a bit incapacitated right now, so be patient.

My glass is set in the front which can be removed-then there is a metal door like hinge that can be droped downso you cant see the fire-when its up its like watching the fireplace,sort of speak.The door is on the side & there is one knob to turn on top & one for air on bottom,plus damper on top of stove near stove pipe. I had it opend & went to leave so I let the lever down & didnt see that it went so fast that the edge of the knob hit the glass & it broke. ProFormer -z Ser: 1621 whatever that means.

Dolly,
I had a Pro-Former Z a couple years back--if you do a search here, you'll find a couple threads started by me and Gooserider (the first person to help me with the stove). My glass was broken also; I just replaced it with a piece of sheet metal because I always had the door closed. In any case, the smoke thing was tricky as it depended a lot on how open/closed the two dampers were. The threads I just referenced had lots of good info on how to run it. Of course, it would be better to replace it.

S

Hello all-

I was recently given a wood stove. It appeared to have no markings on it. From reading these posts, I have determined it is most likely a pro-former z model 24.

I went to pull a permit and the inspector said he needs the specs/manual to verifiy correct install.

Anyone have this or know where I can get it?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.