Proper Etiquette?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great topic. Thanks for posting.
Great looking woodpile savageactor7! That's a pile of wood!

I am having the same dilema. I have a few cords laying in a pile. Uncut and Unsplit. I had a good friend put out a feeler about needing wood. I would be happy to have him come & help. I wasn't sure how much to offer him. I was thinking about offering 1/3 of the wood that we cut & split together on account of it being my wood and they are already in a pile.

Like others when my buddy and I are working we tend to load one pick-up load for him and then follow that up with another pick-up load for me and we alternate . . . this way we share in the work and we share in the reward and in the process we both get similar sized/type wood. As long as the agreement works for us or for you that's what really matters . . . and honestly it's nice to have someone to talk to when you're out working.

mbcijim said:

I am having the same dilema. I have a few cords laying in a pile. Uncut and Unsplit. I had a good friend put out a feeler about needing wood. I would be happy to have him come & help. I wasn't sure how much to offer him. I was thinking about offering 1/3 of the wood that we cut & split together on account of it being my wood and they are already in a pile.

I wish I lived closer, I'd love to come and help.... and reap some benefits of course!

Sure is a pretty avitar, is that your land?

fishinpa said:
mbcijim said:

I wish I lived closer, I'd love to come and help.... and reap some benefits of course!

Sure is a pretty avitar, is that your land?

No, not my land, just like the picture. I guess I better change it, your about the 5th person to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.