PSG Caddy Dealers Hard To Find - WHY?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, Just thought I should mention PSG is not allowed to be sold on the internet. We support getting this product only through a dealer.

We are working hard to add more dealers throughout the USA but it takes time. It's a bit of a specialty product and not every Hearth Dealer carry wood furnace.

Your the first homeowner I heard of using a programmable thermostat on the add on. Glad it's working good for you
Programmable for me too. One for the Caddy and another one for the high efficiency propane. I discovered the one for Caddy thinks the house is slightly colder, so when both are set at the same temp the woodstove does its job first. The Caddy holds coals a long time when the damper is closed. It's very effective at giving them just enough air to survive. And when that damper first closes on a hot box, it's amazing to look in that glass door and see the gasification jets along the top burning away.

We had it installed parallel to the propane at the same time, and had the contractor order the Caddy from PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.