Pump Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GENECOP

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2014
Ny
I burnt out a B&G NRF 22 pump, I searched the Internet trying to find out what part or parts actually fail, I could not find anything. I know they are only 60-70 dollars so most people just replace them..So I brought the pump into my shop, took it apart, and the interior looks pretty simple and bullet proof, everything turned freely and looked ok, so could the failure be the capacitor? I cut the old capacitor out and ordered a new one for $8. The pump got airbound I guess, I heard it whining and it got very hot, then it stopped running. Just curious...

I got a b&g vario. I think it was around 120 or so. It's an ecm pump that isn't automatic but infinitely variable, so you could literally dial it in if you had to. It might be more forgiving...I think it shuts itself down before damage occurs, theoretically.

I burnt out a B&G NRF 22 pump, I searched the Internet trying to find out what part or parts actually fail, I could not find anything. I know they are only 60-70 dollars so most people just replace them..So I brought the pump into my shop, took it apart, and the interior looks pretty simple and bullet proof, everything turned freely and looked ok, so could the failure be the capacitor? I cut the old capacitor out and ordered a new one for $8. The pump got airbound I guess, I heard it whining and it got very hot, then it stopped running. Just curious...
Hi there, why don't you take advice from some professional guy near you. B&G has always the best hydronic components around.

If it overheated, it's toast. they're generally pretty tough, and if you can replace the capacitor and get it working why not?
I just replace them. but I'm a professional, it's gotta work when I leave, and for a long time after.

Status
Not open for further replies.